Drink prices when sailing on the Eclipse from Southampton

rubydoobydoo

Can someone please tell me how the drink prices and the 15% gratuity works when sailing from Southampton.

I have heard that the 15% is already added to the bar price, so does that actually make all the drinks appear more expensive on the menu, for example a 10 dollar drink now shows as 11.5 dollars

How does that affect the drink packages then ? I have already purchased them for my May cruise and 15% was added to the final bill at checkout, is the rate of the drink allowance raised to reflect the higher prices shown on the menu, are you now allowed bears up to 5.75 and wines up to 9.20 dollars ?

I would appreciate it if someone could explain it to me so I know exactly what we can order that is included in the package

Thanks

Janis

Can someone please tell me how the drink prices and the 15% gratuity works when sailing from Southampton.

I have heard that the 15% is already added to the bar price, so does that actually make all the drinks appear more expensive on the menu, for example a 10 dollar drink now shows as 11.5 dollars

How does that affect the drink packages then ? I have already purchased them for my May cruise and 15% was added to the final bill at checkout, is the rate of the drink allowance raised to reflect the higher prices shown on the menu, are you now allowed bears up to 5.75 and wines up to 9.20 dollars ?

I would appreciate it if someone could explain it to me so I know exactly what we can order that is included in the package

Thanks

Janis

The price on the menu does not included the gratuity. So with the package you can order any drink on the menu up to the price limit of your package. As the package was already charged a fifteen percent gratuity no further charge will be made for a drink ordered when using the package.

The price on the menu does not included the gratuity. So with the package you can order any drink on the menu up to the price limit of your package. As the package was already charged a fifteen percent gratuity no further charge will be made for a drink ordered when using the package.

Are you POSITIVE, especially on UK Sailings?

I have read that X does show the prices, tip included, in advertising when sailing out of the UK as it is part of the consumer laws there.

So your drink prices are allowed to be 15% higher to cover the gratuity thats included in displayed UK menu prices.

Does this apply to Southampton cruises though, I have been told there is no 15 % gratuity Added if you sale from Southampton, the bar menu has been altered to include the gratuity ?

So what I mean if all the prices on the menu higher and there is nothing added to your bill, does this affect the drinks you can buy on the package or is the allowance raised in line with the higher bar menu ?

Are you POSITIVE, especially on UK Sailings?

I have read that X does show the prices, tip included, in advertising when sailing out of the UK as it is part of the consumer laws there.

So your drink prices are allowed to be 15% higher to cover the gratuity thats included in displayed UK menu prices.

That is what I meant, will my allowance now be $5.75 and $9.20 instead of the normal $5 and $8, the bar menu is already showing as 15% higher ?

• 1 month later...

I repeatedly see "you can bring on board two bottles of wine", but no description of the bottle size. WAVTAM says they each brought a 3 liter box (equal to 8 bottles). Does anyone know if there is a stated size limit to "the two bottles"?