Surprise Upgrade: I can't believe our luck - I'm still crying!

I echo Jacqui's sentiments from her previous post below... I am a believer that everything happens for a reason and that you always get what you need if you let it be. It sounds like you need this cruise and the upgrade is going to be an amazing bonus for you (no doubt, a bit of good karma sent your way). Much love to you and your family for a wonderful cruise and some well deserved rejuvenation.

Aww, thank you everyone for the kind words and for celebrating along with me! I basically did nothing yesterday except explore cruise critic and look at reviews with aft balconies! :D

This is just awesome! I left you a couple of pics on the "Show me your aft thread" as I hadn't seen this thread yet. Be sure you thoroughly enjoy breakfasts on your balcony... FANTASTIC!!! And also be sure to do sail away from your cabin more often than not... especially Curacao:

Hoopster, thank you! And your picture of Curacao is AMAZING! May I ask: what did you shoot that with? I love photography!

TropicalGal2: Thank you for the photos and the advice! The duct tape is a great suggestion! Awesome!

So very heart warming to read your story......congratulations on the upgrade....sounds like you and your family sincerely deserve it! We discovered the aft three years ago, and that's all we book now. When we are able to get the junior suites, that's what we grab. It's a wonderful experience and you are going to love it! Have a great family cruise!! :)

Hoopster, thank you! And your picture of Curacao is AMAZING! May I ask: what did you shoot that with? I love photography!

I take a bazillion photos on all my cruises too! Believe it or not all my shots you see posted on CC are with a Sony Cyber-shot hand held. I play with the manual settings sometimes (especially interior low light settings), but mostly I leave them on auto. My camera has a Panorama setting to shoot the 180 degree shots. I'm blessed that I guess I take pretty good photos... when I'm solo my selfies are better framed with scenery behind than when fellow cruisers ask to take a picture of me to "help me out"! lol :p

Here's what you're going to see when you sail into Bonaire. If you can, be up in time for all your entry into ports, and have breakfast on your balcony.

DSC05290_zps8964806e.jpg

DSC05288_zps7eb5b1b9.jpg

DSC05299_zps7448c3c6.jpg

DSC05297_zpsc05d39a4.jpg

On the last photo, I'm on deck 8... see deck 7 below you, and to the right past the larger/thicker steel beam you see the three different balconies and their partitions? I think 7658 is the one to the farthest right, positioned just left of center. OMG you're going to just LOVE that cabin :D

And also be sure to do sail away from your cabin more often than not... especially Curacao: :D

Curacao_zpsb5f3f68f.jpg

HAVE A SUPERB CRUISE!!!!! :p:D

This is a great picture! We enjoyed Curacao last December when we were there on Adventure of the Seas. It's a beautiful island and the cruise port has wonderful views of the city. Yes, do all your sail aways from your balcony if you can.

Happy Cruising! I'm very happy for your family1

So very heart warming to read your story......congratulations on the upgrade....sounds like you and your family sincerely deserve it! We discovered the aft three years ago, and that's all we book now. When we are able to get the junior suites, that's what we grab. It's a wonderful experience and you are going to love it! Have a great family cruise!! :)

Fully agree.:):):):D

Oh, thanks everyone for being so happy for my little family! We can't wait for Saturday when we get on the ship!!!

I take a bazillion photos on all my cruises too! Believe it or not all my shots you see posted on CC are with a Sony Cyber-shot hand held. I play with the manual settings sometimes (especially interior low light settings), but mostly I leave them on auto. My camera has a Panorama setting to shoot the 180 degree shots. I'm blessed that I guess I take pretty good photos... when I'm solo my selfies are better framed with scenery behind than when fellow cruisers ask to take a picture of me to "help me out"! lol

Here's what you're going to see when you sail into Bonaire. If you can, be up in time for all your entry into ports, and have breakfast on your balcony.

Wow Hoopster, you do take great shots with your Sony Cyber-shot! I have a little handheld Canon that I miraculously get awesome shots from as well!

Looking forward to breakfasts on the balcony every day! I just *hope* the weather cooperates. It's looking a bit iffy at the moment!

It amazing to me how when things seem really bad that life take a turn for the best. Have a blast on your cruise.

I'm sure I speak for everyone in saying we can't wait to hear how it all went for you during your cruise. :D

(We also have 100 nights sailing Royal so maybe that's a magic number, and we were also 3 people traveling)

I hope you are right about the 100 nights. I am at 96 and have a 4-night booked on the Vision on August. I've been assigned to a higher category when booking guarantees, but never a real upgrade from the upgrade fairy. Will make sure the next cruise booked after the Vision is a really nice one, just in case you are right about the magic number :)

It amazing to me how when things seem really bad that life take a turn for the best. Have a blast on your cruise.

I'm sure I speak for everyone in saying we can't wait to hear how it all went for you during your cruise. :D

too right. nice to hear a good story brings smiles.:)

We are leaving next week on the Vision of the Seas Cultural Immersion cruise out of Panama.

We booked during the WOW sale after Thanksgiving, and got an oceanview cabin for a steal. It's just my husband and I and our 4-year old son.

It's been a rough few months for our family - lots of health problems, a rental home we own got destroyed by tenants and had to be fixed, a car accident, etc. etc.

To say that we have been looking forward to this trip would be an understatement!

I went to check in online this morning and found that: we've been UPGRADED to a Superior Aft Balcony cabin!!!!

I started crying on the phone with the RCCL agent. I'm so excited, I can't stand it.

I'd love to see any photos people have of these cabins/balconies as well!

I've never gotten any kind of upgrade on a cruise, and I'm thrilled!

but congrats on your upgrade! Enjoy....K.O......:)

• 1 month later...