New to Princess..? about first night dining

BrMtnLover

I'm excited to be going on my first Princess cruise next weekend on the Crown. I have mainly been an RCCL cruiser. Dress for the first night in the main dining rooms is usually very casual (jeans/polo shirt, nice capris, etc.) as some guests may not have their baggage in their cabins by dinnertime. Is this the same policy with Princess. Also, will my husband be ok with a nice polo shirt (with or without a sport jacket) and khakis on nights other than formal nights? Thank you in advance for your adivce.

Same deal on Princess. First night is "run what ya brung", and your husband will be just fine wearing what you described on non formal nights.

Have a wonderful cruise! :)

Edited by gcvt

Enjoy your cruise, first night is the most casual of any, but your luggage will most likely be there in plenty of time to unpack. A polo shirt with khakis is a common sight on smart casual nights also.

Enjoy your cruise, first night is the most casual of any, but your luggage will most likely be there in plenty of time to unpack. A polo shirt with khakis is a common sight on smart casual nights also.
I agree. Most luggage is delivered by dinnertime. Actually, it's not unusual to get your luggage within minutes of boarding and before Muster.

FYI, you'll be able to go directly to your cabin upon boarding... no bring sent to the Lido. Also, Muster is held in lounges, theaters and public areas, not outdoors.

We saw shorts and to nice slacks for non-formal nights, and on first day flipflops and trunks even.

For formal night everything from Tuxs to slacks and polo.

I'm excited to be going on my first Princess cruise next weekend on the Crown. I have mainly been an RCCL cruiser. Dress for the first night in the main dining rooms is usually very casual (jeans/polo shirt, nice capris, etc.) as some guests may not have their baggage in their cabins by dinnertime. Is this the same policy with Princess. Also, will my husband be ok with a nice polo shirt (with or without a sport jacket) and khakis on nights other than formal nights? Thank you in advance for your adivce.

My wife and I have sailed on both RCCL and Princess. Wear exactly what you're used to on RCCL, and you'll do just fine on Princess. Aside from the larger WOW factor on the RCCL ships, I have found the passengers and overall feel to be very similar on both lines.

Also, will my husband be ok with a nice polo shirt (with or without a sport jacket) and khakis on nights other than formal nights? Thank you in advance for your advice.

Perfectly fine any nights other than formal nights. No jacket is needed and is the way most men dress.:)

The first night the luggage is almost always to your cabin so that's also how the majority of men dress the first night.

Have a wonderful time on Crown Princess. We love that ship! :)

LuLu

~~~~