EQUINOX - 10 Day Ultimate Caribbean - Picture Trip Report 3/14/14...

FRMPEI

CE14HX_%25200451-XL.jpg

Kevin, thanks for your response earlier about the age range. Also, my eyes were playing tricks on me with the picture above. I thought you were doing some fancy camera tricks! To me, it seems that the folded white blanket in the right corner is floating. I showed it to my husband and he quickly saw that it was sitting on red and green pillows, but it gave me a laugh. :)

I am really enjoying your report . I love being transported onto a cruise ship sailing in the sunshine when in reality I'm sitting in the house in cold and rainy Scotland . You are cheering me up. Thank you

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Kevin, thanks for your response earlier about the age range. Also, my eyes were playing tricks on me with the picture above. I thought you were doing some fancy camera tricks! To me, it seems that the folded white blanket in the right corner is floating. I showed it to my husband and he quickly saw that it was sitting on red and green pillows, but it gave me a laugh. :)

That's funny! Should of told you that Houdini first had this room.

As you know age is what you make it. I don't feel like I am almost 54 years old maybe why I listen to that "techno" music that so many here hate.

Glad your are still with me.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Stateroom TV and HDMI

I have a reply to "hooking things up to TV's" here is a link to those instructions.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=37957332&highlight=tv#post37957332

Equinox is different from Silhouette. Equinox uses a DVI cable to hook their TV channels up while Silhouette uses a HDMI.

As you can tell from the picture below I was able to hook my iPad up to the TV. The HDMi cable from iPad's 30 pin adapter is hooking into the Side of the TV not the back, which is different to the Silhouette. I actually only used it this one during the cruise. We watched our 2010 Equinox slideshow while getting ready for first formal night. Or in our first Formal/Casual night.

CE14HX_%25200284-XL.jpg

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Was there still an HDMI port on the TV that is accessible?

Hi Beth,

Donna and I are giving serious consideration for the March 16, 2015 11 day Equinox. We are even thinking if we can do it is combine the 11 day with a B2B 10 day Equinox... Three weeks on Equinox would be sweet.

Thanks for your kind continued comments.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

We vote Yes, do B2B and book the March 6, 2015 10 day Equinox and sail with us again!! :D

We would love to do B2B and/or 11 day but hubby just can't take off that much consecutive time...yet. :cool:

Greatly enjoying your report. Have been on Equinox twice and will sail her again in 2015.

Really enjoying your review. Great photos!

Can't go wrong with Equinox. Thanks for the comment.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

I am really enjoying your report . I love being transported onto a cruise ship sailing in the sunshine when in reality I'm sitting in the house in cold and rainy Scotland . You are cheering me up. Thank you

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

I am glad I could cheer you up with sunny Caribbean Pictures. Like you when I look to my right all I see is White.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Greatly enjoying your report. Have been on Equinox twice and will sail her again in 2015.

Thank your for your comment. Equinox is great and the reason why we didn't hesitate going back on her.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Really enjoying your review. Great photos!

Thank you for your comment. The challenge on the photos is to pick the right ones from the 4000 I have. Of Course that is the great thing about digital over film.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Edited by FRMPEI

Was there still an HDMI port on the TV that is accessible?

I am going to cheat here and show a picture from my 2010 cruise.

DSC04292-XL.jpg

My iPad was hooked up/inserted into the HDMI port on the side of the TV not the back panel of the TV there is normally nothing plugged into this side port.To answer your question Yes! this is the accessible HDMI port. On the back you can see the DVI cable that Celebrity uses. On top of this DVI port are the other HDMI ports they are blocked in the picture by the HDMI Cables dangling.

The next picture is the back of Silhouette's Samsung TV that I took last year. Quite a bit different hookup from Equinox's setup. This one is much easier to hook your HDMI devices to.

CS13HX_%25200236-XL.jpg

I don't mind answering questions on "hooking" thing up on your stateroom TV. Much confusion on this subject but, Yes! it can be done.

Check out my "jailbroken" Apple TV hooked up last year. That little unit to the left of the Apple TV with the Apple sticker on it is a Seagate Wireless Plus. That little Seagate baby has a 1TB hard drive and creates it own wireless network that the Apple TV could connect to and you could watch anything that was downloaded to the Seagate Wireless plus. I did say I am bit of a techie and you know men have to have their electronic toys?

CS13HX_%25200237-XL.jpg

Regards,

Kevin Reid

We vote Yes, do B2B and book the March 6, 2015 10 day Equinox and sail with us again!! :D

We would love to do B2B and/or 11 day but hubby just can't take off that much consecutive time...yet. :cool:

Kathleen be careful what you wish for.:D You just might have us as cruise partners for the third year in a row. If so we have to plan to do few things together?

Did you already book March 6, 2015? I guess I could go over to the Roll Call and check?

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Kathleen be careful what you wish for.:D You just might have us as cruise partners for the third year in a row. If so we have to plan to do few things together?

Did you already book March 6, 2015? I guess I could go over to the Roll Call and check?

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Sounds good to us!

Yes, we are already booked and have an active Roll Call going. :) In fact we have already booked Calabaza again!! :D

I am going to cheat here and show a picture from my 2010 cruise.

DSC04292-XL.jpg

My iPad was hooked up/inserted into the HDMI port on the side of the TV not the back panel of the TV there is normally nothing plugged into this side port.To answer your question Yes! this is the accessible HDMI port. On the back you can see the DVI cable that Celebrity uses. On top of this DVI port are the other HDMI ports they are blocked in the picture by the HDMI Cables dangling.

The next picture is the back of Silhouette's Samsung TV that I took last year. Quite a bit different hookup from Equinox's setup. This one is much easier to hook your HDMI devices to.

CS13HX_%25200236-XL.jpg

I don't mind answering questions on "hooking" thing up on your stateroom TV. Much confusion on this subject but, Yes! it can be done.

Check out my "jailbroken" Apple TV hooked up last year. That little unit to the left of the Apple TV with the Apple sticker on it is a Seagate Wireless Plus. That little Seagate baby has a 1TB hard drive and creates it own wireless network that the Apple TV could connect to and you could watch anything that was downloaded to the Seagate Wireless plus. I did say I am bit of a techie and you know men have to have their electronic toys?

CS13HX_%25200237-XL.jpg

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Thanks so much for taking the time to post pictures. I'm thinking of taking my WD Live, so it looks like if I do, that should work out great! Lots of sea days!

I love your review. I am actually going to read it again tomorrow. Bless your for posting the Dailies. I understand they are cutting back on activities , and we love Trivia so I have to ask. Were there as many games of Trivia and such as I remember on Celebrity? We booked it instead of Princess,..due to that. My husband watches Jeopardy like Dustin Hoffman watched judge Wopner in "RainMan. but he is good at it too.

Your house should have "Anne of Green Gables should have lived here. Of course, after it was painted green. For some one who lives in Florida, all of that clean, white fluffy snow looks so exotic. I think of sking and ice skating and things people do in the Olympics.

AND after having my DNA tested twice, to have a cousin to confirm that Great Grand Dad was not Great grand Dad at all, and the real one was fine too, and it was so long ago.....anyway, I discovered I have cousins in Quebec. Halifax. And my grandmother five times removed was Arcadian, as was my Grandmother four times removed. Both born in Nova Scotia. My Madison ancestor fought for the British, and then had to flee when Georgia fell to the Swamp Fox. He was given land grants around Nova Scotia ( Guysbrough) due to being titled a "United Empire Loyalist"s, which I am sure is forgotten today. Any way, I always look closely at pictures of people from that area to see if they look like anyone I know. So Far. Zero. I have written an essay here. My Bad. Still.............I hope to get to Prince Edward Island one day. I read ALL of Lucy Maude Montgomery's novels. And still consider them.........the best reading for young girls in the world.

I wonder how many Americans, unknown to themselves , have relatives in Canada and vice versa. We were not related to Alex Trebek. Alas.

AND my Madison ancestor........John Frederick Madison could have taken up land granted by King George in the Bahamas or Barbados. He took Canada due to it's maritime industry. The Original Madison was a Ship Captain . And I love cruising. It must be in the genes. Yes. I am now hooked on Ancestry.com.

Edited by AmberTeka

Yes, we are already booked and have an active Roll Call going. :) In fact we have already booked Calabaza again!! :D

The day on Calabaza was fantastic !!... Mark and I would definately sail with Captain Danny / Andrew / Fabian again on the Calabaza. We highly recommend it !! All Smiles.... Beth :D

Where, oh where, is today's update? ;)

Sorry Mark. I got hung up downloading my videos on Saturday. Then Saturday evening our cruise partners were over so where checking some pictures out and some of the video clips. All I can say is that my St Kitts Zip Lining GoPro video turned out pretty good. Hopefully I can share a couple of clips here. Will be back at trip report tonite.

Aperture tip Alert. Spent a lot of time yesterday sync'ng the times on my different pictures. If you are going to use multiple cameras make sure that they are all sync'd to the same time (hour/minute). In Aperture I created Smart album for each day. Then sort by time of day but, they will only in sequential order if you have the right time. It is almost all good I am up to Dominica now and should be easier for me to pick the pictures for each day.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Thanks so much for taking the time to post pictures. I'm thinking of taking my WD Live, so it looks like if I do, that should work out great! Lots of sea days!

I hope it works for you.

Notice that the Seagate Wireless plus had no cable coming out of it? I forgot to mention that besides creating its own wireless network it is battery powered.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

I love your review. I am actually going to read it again tomorrow. Bless your for posting the Dailies. I understand they are cutting back on activities , and we love Trivia so I have to ask. Were there as many games of Trivia and such as I remember on Celebrity? We booked it instead of Princess,..due to that. My husband watches Jeopardy like Dustin Hoffman watched judge Wopner in "RainMan. but he is good at it too.

Your house should have "Anne of Green Gables should have lived here. Of course, after it was painted green. For some one who lives in Florida, all of that clean, white fluffy snow looks so exotic. I think of sking and ice skating and things people do in the Olympics.

AND after having my DNA tested twice, to have a cousin to confirm that Great Grand Dad was not Great grand Dad at all, and the real one was fine too, and it was so long ago.....anyway, I discovered I have cousins in Quebec. Halifax. And my grandmother five times removed was Arcadian, as was my Grandmother four times removed. Both born in Nova Scotia. My Madison ancestor fought for the British, and then had to flee when Georgia fell to the Swamp Fox. He was given land grants around Nova Scotia ( Guysbrough) due to being titled a "United Empire Loyalist"s, which I am sure is forgotten today. Any way, I always look closely at pictures of people from that area to see if they look like anyone I know. So Far. Zero. I have written an essay here. My Bad. Still.............I hope to get to Prince Edward Island one day. I read ALL of Lucy Maude Montgomery's novels. And still consider them.........the best reading for young girls in the world.

I wonder how many Americans, unknown to themselves , have relatives in Canada and vice versa. We were not related to Alex Trebek. Alas.

AND my Madison ancestor........John Frederick Madison could have taken up land granted by King George in the Bahamas or Barbados. He took Canada due to it's maritime industry. The Original Madison was a Ship Captain . And I love cruising. It must be in the genes. Yes. I am now hooked on Ancestry.com.

Firstly thank you for your interesting comments.

Dailies and Trivia: In the past I have only scanned the front cover of the Celebrity Today. But figured heck I going to try a Trip Report this time so I scanned everything. Personally I don't like to ruin the surprise so I don't generally read ones that are posted on CC but, I know lot of folks love them. That is just me. I love Trivia but I did not attend once this cruise. I have been pretty lucky in the past scouting the room and asking ringers to join our team. Sounds like your husband would be good. My strength is 70's and 80's pop music. Little story from our 2010 Equinox Cruise. They were having a 70's music trivia up in Sky one morning so during the game I had to continually get and up and fetch pencils. The person running the trivia, "boy you are sure using a lot of pencils." My response, " I am drawing the album covers for bonus points". :p Yes! Donna and I did win.

We love our "Anne of Green Gables" and Lucy here on PEI. Snow you can have it now. I am impressed that you know that connection. Generally when on a cruise and asked where we are from we usually say Eastern Canada. MY American friends please don't get offended but your sense of geography outside of the US is not good. Generally they have no idea where Prince Edward Island is. Of course, I probably could not tell a person from Scotland where the cities are in the UK either.

Thanks again for adding your comments,

Kevin Reid

Edited by FRMPEI

I'm really enjoying your trip report and accompanying photos.

We've booked the 10 night Equinox for next February, which will make it three years in a row we did a February 10 night Equinox cruise! We considered the 11 night for next year, but we really love the 10 night itinerary. It will also be our third year in a row with Gina and the boys on Calabaza.

In addition, we're booked on Silhouette TA 11/1/14 and also the Silhouette TA 10/31/15.

Have you ever done a TA? They are wonderful! 15 glorious days!