Ultimate Scandinavia ??- not so much...

Ultimate Scandinavia ??– not so much.

RCL suprises me when they advertise ULTIMATE SCANDINAVIA and Russia cruise, and all you get to see of Scandinavia is Stockholm (Sweden), Frederica and Copenhagen (Denmark)

Finland, Estonia, Latvia,Lithuania and Germany is not part of Scandinavia or Russia.

Scandinavia consists of : Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Iceland.

From RCL website:

7 night Scan-Russia Cruise = embark/disembark in Scandinavia out of 7 nights…..

Stockholm, Sweden; Helsinki, Finland; St. Petersburg, Russia; Tallinn, Estonia; Riga, Latvia; Stockholm, Sweden

14N Ultimate Scandinavia and Russia Crusie = embark and 2 ports in Scandinavia out of 14 nights….

Stockholm, Sweden; Helsinki, Finland; St. Petersburg, Russia; Tallinn, Estonia; Riga, Latvia; Klaipeda, Lithuania; Berlin (Warnemunde), Germany; Fredericia, Denmark; Copenhagen, Denmark; Hamburg, German

7 night Scandinavia and Russia Cruise = embark/disembark in Scandinavia out of 7 nights….

Stockholm, Sweden; Helsinki, Finland; St. Petersburg, Russia; Tallinn, Estonia; Riga, Latvia; Stockholm, Sweden

13N Ultimate Scandinavia-Russia Cruise = embark/disembark + 1 port in Scandinavia out of 13 nights…..

Stockholm, Sweden; Helsinki, Finland; St. Petersburg, Russia; Tallinn, Estonia; Riga, Latvia; Klaipeda, Lithuania; Berlin (Warnemunde), Germany; Fredericia, Denmark; Copenhagen, Denmark

Perhaps its only me that find this strange ? :o

But you really don't get to see much of Scandinavia……

Edited by Sirkeline

Finland is also part of Scandinavia in some views and on most maps. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavia#Finland

Finland is part of the Nordic Countries, but not Scandinavia;)

Scandinavia[a] is a historical and cultural-linguistic region in Northern Europe characterized by a common ethno-cultural Germanic heritage and related languages, which includes the three kingdoms of Denmark, Norway, and Sweden.The term Scandinavia is usually used as a cultural term, but in English usage, it is occasionally confused with the purely geographical term Scandinavian Peninsula, which took its name from the cultural-linguistic concept.[1] Sometimes the term Scandinavia is also incorrectly taken to include Iceland, the Faroe Islands, and Finland, on account of their historical association with the Scandinavian countries.Such usage, however, may be considered inaccurate in the area itself, where the term Nordic countries instead refers to this broader group.[3]

Edited by Sirkeline

.Such usage, however, may be considered inaccurate in the area itself, where the term Nordic countries instead refers to this broader group.[3]

I'm sure RCL came up with the designation outside the area, so reasonably included Finland. ;-)

Edited by The_Big_M

I think it is a usage problem. I think they mean Ultimate, Scandinavia and Russia Cruise as a comparison between their own 14 night 'Ultimate' and their 7 night Scandinavia and Russia cruises.

I am sure they get 'flak' internally from all the Norwegian, Swedish and Danish Captains for this as well, but I fully realize what they are doing.

Scandinavia/Russia sells high-end cruises while the term Nordic would not.