Price drop alert!

Wow, $359 for a 14 day cruise that stops in Iceland!

With an overnight in Reykjavik! Just a hotel there would be about $225 a night.

I have never been to the Faroe Islands of Denmark or the Shetland Islands of Scotland, so I am tempted.

Initially, I assumed this was just a clerical error by the RCI late night shift - but the price has not been fixed and it even shows up on the main booking page (which usually lags by a day). There lot more OV cabins available compared to insides so I'm not sure where RCI is going with this pricing.

Edited by kemenyg

Initially, I assumed this was just a clerical error by the RCI late night shift - but the price has not been fixed and it even shows up on the main booking page (which usually lags by a day). There lot more OV cabins available compared to insides so I'm not sure where RCI is going with this pricing.

They may fill from the bottom. Could have this open for the weekend, then come with an outside GTY for $50-75 more, then a balcony GTY for $50-75 more. They have a month to work with this inventory.

When they come with the higher levels at a discount, they will have current passengers that will want to move up. They can then give those who book the current inside GTY those cabins.

All 3 of my cruises are up and my Sept trip never got all that cheap, bogo rate did take a % off! My Vision sailing is still not even close to full, or maybe it is all the gty inventory that is not showing. Still a corner wrapped balcony on deck 7 for my Vision sailing!

They may fill from the bottom. Could have this open for the weekend, then come with an outside GTY for $50-75 more, then a balcony GTY for $50-75 more. They have a month to work with this inventory.

When they come with the higher levels at a discount, they will have current passengers that will want to move up. They can then give those who book the current inside GTY those cabins.

That method is a given, but the levels of discount just seem wrong. They sold quite a few cabins at $799 last weekend - why the panic pricing down to $409 - especially with a month to go? I don't see RCI leaving money on the table when they don't have to.:cool: