Celebrity is great but Carnival has better batteries

grampasgrumpy

Just loved your story. It did make me laugh the way you told it. I do know that if it were me that I would not have laughed at the time. You must have a wonderful sense of humour.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Celebrity ought to have provided some kind of consideration for what you went through.

Thanks for sharing!

Yep, they should have - not for the batteries, but for the hours spent trying to get things resolved.

Beyond that, the way you told this story was just just one hoot after another. Thanks for the :D

Edited by d4m

A masterful storytelling, and I'm long-winded myself.

We had similar problems on our last sailing, though batteries were not the culprit. We had two additional key cards made for the benefit of DD and her SO across the hall from us in an inside cabin so they could come over to our cabin and enjoy the balcony. I can't remember the specifics, but we had the key cards not working, DD and SO's SeaPass cards not working, DW's card not working, my card not working, and various combinations thereof. It came down to confusion about the number of cards, who's card was supposed to be doing what, and if they were next to a cellphone. Always the same young lady at Guest Services (when DO they sleep?) trying to help. A bit exasperating, but a mere four trips to Guest Services finally straightened it out. We chuckled about it. Of course, it didn't happen in the middle of the night, either.

Oh I agree it can happen to anyone at any time on any cruise line. My title was just a fun way to play it. In this case though, what should have been a 15 minute battery swap took about 2 & 1/2 hrs, late at night.

We'll be back on Celebrity, no doubt. It was much nicer in almost every way. (except the batteries :p )

Yes, your title was fun but we went through a lengthy battery change this past January and I had a back issue from he!!, think shiv in the shoulder blade. Unlike "d4m" I never thought that I was owed "consideration" from Celebrity, I just wanted to get into my cabin and bed.

Glad you enjoyed Celebrity.

Have you considered writing to pay for your cruises (hopefully ones with new batteries)! Thank you for the laugh. Faulty keys are a pain, esp when your cabin is a mile from guest relations. It has happened to us.

I agree that Ms Perky should have done something for you.