Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 3)

Host Kat

JDrag, the dresses are gorgeous! Where did you get them? I am looking and looking and can't find what I want...everything formal I find seems to be too "prommy". Maybe that is because it is still prom season here, but I am getting frustrated. Your dresses are beautiful and not too young or too matronly. If you don't mind, please share so I have yet another place to look!!:)

Good for you and bad for me!! Can you suggest brands maybe? Where are you located? They are all gorgeous and I am still hopeless!! Our next cruise isn't until New Year's, but I'd like to dress us all up even more!

Well, I will tell you that these dresses are expensive. Two of them are Sherri Hill. The one I am wearing is Montage by Mon Cheri. Any formal wear shop would carry these type of dresses. Mine is considered a mother of the bride dress. We are going to wear short formals for our other formal night. I will have to post those pictures also.

DH says how in the world do I plan to get them there...no worries...this is our first cruise and I will make it happen. He will be wearing a tux both nights.

The other nights of the cruise we will wear dresses every night and he will wear khakis. I believe in dressing up for dinner.

Thank you. I own a formalwear shop so it does make it easier for me to find. Here is my youngest daughters dress. She is wearing the aqua. eru4y3yn.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow. Those are all gorgeous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good for you and bad for me!! Can you suggest brands maybe? Where are you located? They are all gorgeous and I am still hopeless!! Our next cruise isn't until New Year's, but I'd like to dress us all up even more!

I've been lurking for a little bit just looking to see what everyone is wearing - the dresses are beautiful. I just had to finally join in and share because I got so excited - I found a floor length, hunter green jersey ruched evening gown yesterday for $30.00 at Ross!:) I go there occasionally, but I was really surprised at the selection of dresses they have right now - everything from dressy cocktail to maxi - and some really great prices!

We ALWAYS dress up for elegant night because I have 3 boys and spend so much time running them around that it's a gift to be able to have a lovely dinner!

Since this is what I do for a living I love this thread. Still have to find me and oldest dd a short cocktail. Dh is a Texan and really wants to wear his western tux but going to try to talk him into going traditional.

Since this is what I do for a living I love this thread. Still have to find me and oldest dd a short cocktail. Dh is a Texan and really wants to wear his western tux but going to try to talk him into going traditional.

I need a professional opinion, please. DS (17) is bringing his tux (he has a traditionally styled one for concert band). He will wear it as a traditional tux one of the 2 elegant nights. He also has a royal blue dress shirt and just got a yellow/blue dotted bowtie with a blue pocket square that matches the shirt. Can he wear that with the tux as a "suit"? The only experience I have with tuxes is my husband's at prom (I won't say how many years ago:p) and making sure the kiddo's bowtie is straight for concerts! Sorry to hijack the thread, but it seemed relevant based on your comment!

And to bring things back to the topic, I picked up a LBD last night (short w/chiffon overlay and sheer flutter sleeves on sale for $10.99! Even my DH commented that was something you just couldn't pass up!:D