Would you pay an extra 50% to go on a new, same itinerary?

I have no intention of ever sailing on Quantum, no matter what the price. Not my idea of cruising. Might just as well spend a week living at a mall.

that's how I feel about sailing on ANY ship with a Royal Promenade...that said, I'm on the Quantum inaugural, not for the ship but for the experience of being on an inaugural. Husband has been dying to go on Oasis so to shut him up, I booked the 2 nighter in August figuring that will satisfy him and I can endure it for 2 days.

I am disappointed in the itinerary for Quantum, it seems like RCI built a ship too big for the usual ports and they don't have new places to go to.

Once the prices settle down, you will definitely find me on this new ship. HOWEVER, you will not see any of my money going for special meals or entertainment. I've never felt the need for those things in order to enjoy a cruise.

Happy sails.:)

Kathy

You really need to go by a per person per day rate. When we sailed Allure I thought we got a great price but booked the QOS the first day booking opened and am paying less, only a few dollars less, but still less, per person per day for the same room as we had on the Allure

The price is directly determined by demand. I am on Quantum in Feb. 2015 in a Spa JS for about a balcony or JS on Allure or Oasis, depending on time of the year. I got a Future Cruise deposit of $200 for two and a $100 OBC. I had over a year to put the money aside.

On the contrary I went on Legend in a JS for more than Quantum.

Yes, Quantum will be a "destination" ship. Yes it'll likely be more than Explorer. But it is less than many smaller ships, depending on itinerary and demand.

But it'll offer such a different experience. That is what RCI is good at. You can do the "old style" crushing on a Vision Class with limited activities and options, concentrating on itinerary (as we just did on Legend, and one of the best cruises ever). Or you can do a Mega ship where you go for a whole new experience. Or you can do Celebrity for even a different experience. I like them all and for different reasons. Very smart of Royal Caribbean to offer a variety of products, options, and experiences unlike other cruise lines that are effectively the same, just different ships.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No doubt that Quantum will be more, I estimate easily 50% for 3 people in total than Celebrity's Summit. I am wondering if the price is worth it.... What do you think? Also consider that a lot of dining options on a Quantum will be addition and probably a lot of the activities.

We booked the Quantum last year and got a great price on the spa jr. suite before they were all gone; however, the price DID go up about $1,000 pp before they were sold out. I would NOT pay that much more to go on the ship and we are contemplating switching to the Liberty if she does indeed start sailing out of Galveston next May. Quantum looks fun and has a lot of new features but for price and convenience, I would prefer to sail out of Galveston since we live 45 minutes from the port. :D