Has anyone used a TA dining credit? Questions

tbmrt

Equinox

We have a $70 dining credit from our TA and wonder if this must be used at one time or if we can use it at the Bistro a few times?

How does this work? Can it be used as on OBC for anything other than dining?

Also, is Blu open to non-Aqua class passengers for a fee? If so, fee?

Thanks

Barbara

Edited by tbmrt
ship inserted

Equinox

We have a $70 dining credit from our TA and wonder if this must be used at one time or if we can use it at the Bistro a few times?

How does this work? Can it be used as on OBC for anything other than dining?

Also, is Blu open to non-Aqua class passengers for a fee? If so, fee?

Thanks

Barbara

Hi Barbara, good morning.....a Dining credit? Usually any and all

credits received from either your TA or Celebrity are put onto your

account and that amount sits there until you use it all up. I have

not heard of a "Dining Credit".

Example of my first part though, you have a received a (70.00)

credit from your TA? That amount is put on your account and it

is deducted from whatever you spend. I am sure others will chime

in as well.

As for Blu, it is only open to AQ passengers, with Suite Passengers

allowed on a "Space Availibility" basis. So, no, other cabin categories

are not permitted to dine there.

I had a dining credit from my TA on my recent cruise. I suspect that it just goes on your account as OBC, although I can't be sure since my TA didn't actually send the credit over. In the end, Celebrity took pity on me and gave me $75 of OBC, so I assume that's how it would come over normally.

BTW, take some documentation listing all the perks you're supposed to have! It could come in handy.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Forums mobile app

I had a TA give me "free gratuities" on Celebrity a couple years ago. It was really OBC for the amount of the gratuities for my cruise. Since I wanted MTD, I prepaid my gratuities and I used the "gratuity" OBC for dining.

I also had an "excursion credit" from a TA for another cruiseline. That also showed up as a credit to my onboard account. I don't think that I used it for an excursion.

I hadn't heard of a dining credit. My best guess is that it is really just OBC.

My TA told me our $80 dining credit will be applied as an OBC and can used for anything that we'd like. Doesn't have to be dining. She said they had to list it as something other then OBC in the extra amenities advetised so my TA chose dining credit.

And yes, take all documentation of your perks and amenities. We have needed proof several times.

Agree with others...it will show up as a general OBC.....exactly what generally happens when a TA gives you prepaid gratuities. When you get to the ship, you see an OBC for the value of the gratuities on your bill.

When we booked our recent cruise on another line, the perks from our TA included two dinners each in "the Italian restaurant" and "the Asian restaurant." Both were provided in the form of OBC added to our account without any designation or restriction. We didn't even bother to go to the Italian restaurant but just spent the money on board as we chose. Neither the TA nor the cruise line could have cared less.

As others have noted, however, always bring documentation in case the money does not appear on your account soon after boarding.

BTW, take some documentation listing all the perks you're supposed to have! It could come in handy.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Forums mobile app

Absolutely essential to do this. I have had two $70 credits recently. The last one showed up on our statement, no problem.. The first one did not and the Customer Service people said Celebrity had no record of it. I had the statement with me, so CS gave me the credit as a courtesy. I addressed this problem with the agent when I returned home and was told the company would have stood behind the offer. Probably so, but a pain to pursue.

My TA told me our $80 dining credit will be applied as an OBC and can used for anything that we'd like. Doesn't have to be dining. She said they had to list it as something other then OBC in the extra amenities advetised so my TA chose dining credit.

And yes, take all documentation of your perks and amenities. We have needed proof several times.

Almost sounds like the TA we used the way they explained the dining credit.

Definitely take documentation. 2 of our OBC's did not show on our account....with proof who knows if we would of gotten it:(

Edited by Happy2cruise

My TA told me I had a $100 OBC but I have no documentation. Is this something that should show on my Celebrity paperwork?

I would suggest calling your TA and ask for an updated invoice showing your OBC's. Tell them you want proper documentation in case there is any problem once on board. There should be no reason for them not to comply with your request.....good luck;)