Does anyone know how it works when you can't do online checkin & you must call RCCI

Jsme

I am having a problem with the RCCI website. I can not access my online reservations.

1. First I have waited the 15 minutes required (Saturday)
  2. Second I tried on Sunday
  3. Monday I emailed my TA. He told me they are having issues and the rep told him to tell me to keep trying
  4. Tuesday I called RCCI myself and the rep told me that it appears that when I signed in on Saturday that I have locked it due to modifiying the reservations. I did not. All I did was attempt to do my online check in. Rep told me I could always have my TA do my checkin by calling that I could not because I have a TA and did not book with them
  5. Tuesday afternoon I contacted my TA again. He explained that RCCI has been having an issue and they are aware of the issues and have IT working on it. He told I could call in myself and do the checkin by phone

Now my question is if I can call in and they allow me to do the call in check in how or what type paperwork will I get? I know you have to have paperwork when you go to the ship. Will they email me something? Or mail me something?

I am so confused. I am not new to cruising but did take a few years off and have seem to forgotten everything. I do not remember in the past doing the online check in RCCI use to mail the books and luggage tags.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give.

Aren't computers frustrating at times! Our friend was unable to manage the on line check in and called RCL. They were able to check him in over the phone. Good luck and happy cruising!

Have you tried using the "back" way yet? Don't log in, just go to the website and click on the Online Check-in link at the bottom of the page?

If this does not work, then you can call them and check-in. You don't need a piece of paper to enter the terminal. The security people will have access to a manifest and they can check for your name there.

Try this ... it's the only way I can get to my reservation and online check-in -

Go to the RCCL home page

Click "Before You Board" from the top banner links

Click "Countdown to Cruise" and fill in the information

It works for me ... Good Luck!:D

I am having a problem with the RCCI website. I can not access my online reservations.

1. First I have waited the 15 minutes required (Saturday)
  2. Second I tried on Sunday
  3. Monday I emailed my TA. He told me they are having issues and the rep told him to tell me to keep trying
  4. Tuesday I called RCCI myself and the rep told me that it appears that when I signed in on Saturday that I have locked it due to modifiying the reservations. I did not. All I did was attempt to do my online check in. Rep told me I could always have my TA do my checkin by calling that I could not because I have a TA and did not book with them
  5. Tuesday afternoon I contacted my TA again. He explained that RCCI has been having an issue and they are aware of the issues and have IT working on it. He told I could call in myself and do the checkin by phone

Now my question is if I can call in and they allow me to do the call in check in how or what type paperwork will I get? I know you have to have paperwork when you go to the ship. Will they email me something? Or mail me something?

I am so confused. I am not new to cruising but did take a few years off and have seem to forgotten everything. I do not remember in the past doing the online check in RCCI use to mail the books and luggage tags.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give.

This past December, we were unable to get in to our reservation for our Independence sailing. Many calls to RC and web requests filled out before they finally told me that access to my reservation would be unlikely before our sailing. It really wasn't a big problem. We were on a list of people who had not completed the paperwork and we were allowed in to the security area based on that list. We just had to fill out the relevant information while checking in.

Paul

Have you tried using the "back" way yet? Don't log in, just go to the website and click on the Online Check-in link at the bottom of the page?

If this does not work, then you can call them and check-in. You don't need a piece of paper to enter the terminal. The security people will have access to a manifest and they can check for your name there.

I have tried before you board and my cruise and then view reservations.

Have you tried a different computer?

Yes. I have tried my phone my kindle my husband's laptop and the computer at the library. I have also tried ckearing cookies and made sure the pop up bloker is allowing pop ups.

Try this ... it's the only way I can get to my reservation and online check-in -

Go to the RCCL home page

Click "Before You Board" from the top banner links

Click "Countdown to Cruise" and fill in the information

It works for me ... Good Luck!:D

Haven't tried countdown but have tried checking. Thanks I will try that way.

I have tried all the ways everyone suggested with no results. Thanks to everyone. I guess I will have to call them.

Are you sure that the booking number that you are trying to use is from RCI and not a "group" booking number from your TA?