MSC Divina Pricing

kelkel2

maybe you guys can help, I always am trying to look at the hot deals and I am always intrigued by the $599/pp for the balcony rooms on the Divina that I keep seeing. However when I click on the deal and I go to select a cabin, low and behold that rate is nowhere to be found. It is always $600+. Now thats not a big deal, but I'm looking for the advertised rate. Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to call? Can I book it online? Is it possible that rate is sold out already? If so why are they still advertising it for that sailing?

Edited by kelkel2

When you go through the booking process on their website after you choose your cruise and room type - on the next screen taxes and fees are included in the prices you see - so perhaps that is why it is higher then you expect ? I looked at the Apr 19 cruise that shows rates for $599 in a balcony - when I get to the next screen it shows $737 which includes taxes.

Ok, I was wondering about that! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something! Thank you! Also one quick question...Does the Divina not offer aft facing balconies or aft balconies at all? No matter if I choose Cat 1, 2 or 3 I always seem to have to choose from deck 12 or 13 forward. Not a problem I guess I would just prefer to be aft.

Two points:

-I found a couple travel agents to have lower prices than MSC direct.

-Not all available cabins are offered on any of the websites. I wanted to book 2 side by side B3's and couldn't find them available anywhere. I called msc, dealt with the half hour hold and the agent found me 2 side by side B3's that were perfect. I made note of the cabin numbers and then booked through the travel agent at the lower price. Saved me about $300 total vs booking direct with msc and I got the cabins I wanted.

Thank you for the tip!! I will have to shop around and see what I can find because it seems to be all of the eastern routes I am looking at have the aft balconies sold out. I really like aft facing balconies and I am willing to change my dates to get one!

Thank you for the tip!! I will have to shop around and see what I can find because it seems to be all of the eastern routes I am looking at have the aft balconies sold out. I really like aft facing balconies and I am willing to change my dates to get one![/quote

The advice from Mattingly23 is correct, the MSC web site has more rooms available, and your personal cruise agent (from any agency)can get what you want!

More advice, MSC runs sales on and off all during the year, if you are looking at the fall/winter, its very 'possible'(?) those rates could go on sale again!

There was a long sale recently ended that had the fall on sale at very low prices, and it could also be likely that enough cabins sold where the sales won't come back! There were many in the forums here stating they bought a second and third cruise without having taken their first cruise yet because of the low prices!

As in all life, things change, people may not be able to go on a cruise and have to cancel, so don't be discouraged, things change!

MSC is aggressively marketing the Divina to sail full, most other lines with ships this large have a cut off point where they'll accept some(a few) cabins empty not to lower their prices anymore! MSC doesn't seem to be doing this, they want a full ship!

Google search cruise sites, pick some of your favorites, and routinely check them, you'll never know when a sale will happen! Good luck!

Thank you! The sale that I saw on the Divina tipped my interest in MSC and the Divina in particular. I was looking during the sale but couldn't actually book. I'm in the middle of a job change and am toying with the idea of booking and taking a job with the notion of "I already have this vacation booked please hire me anyways" or just waiting until the following winter season. My husband wants to wait, I do not. But, at least I'm trying to get my facts together so that when it's time to book I know what the heck I'm doing. I really do want to sail on the Divina however, it looks like a beautiful ship.

It pays to shop around on different sites, too. We're also on the April 19 sailing and I don't know how or why but one particular site I went to on Monday night had a balcony guarantee for $299pp including port charges (+ $118.75 for taxes). Not even the MSC website had that price, and NO WHERE ELSE I checked had that price. I was a little skeptical after booking it when I received a "pre-confirmation" in my email. I fully expected to receive a notification that the price I booked was sold out, so I was getting my back-up plan together to book a different sailing for the week. Lo and behold later the next day I received the actual confirmation and invoice marked "paid in full". Yesterday we received our cabin assignment (Category B2, upgraded from the B1 we booked) and I've done the web check-in as well. Everything looks good and we're looking forward to our unplanned getaway.

Edited by NC Mtn Boys

It pays to shop around on different sites, too. We're also on the April 19 sailing and I don't know how or why but one particular site I went to on Monday night had a balcony guarantee for $299pp including port charges (+ $118.75 for taxes). Not even the MSC website had that price, and NO WHERE ELSE I checked had that price. I was a little skeptical after booking it when I received a "pre-confirmation" in my email. I fully expected to receive a notification that the price I booked was sold out, so I was getting my back-up plan together to book a different sailing for the week. Lo and behold later the next day I received the actual confirmation and invoice marked "paid in full". Yesterday we received our cabin assignment (Category B2, upgraded from the B1 we booked) and I've done the web check-in as well. Everything looks good and we're looking forward to our unplanned getaway.

NC Mtn, as a fellow North Carolinan, I'd love to know the name of that site you found this on. My email is in my profile. Thanks.

The sale you're talking about was a great sale, balconies for less then other cruise lines inside cabins!

Just remember to wave to the people on the other ships when you port, as they paid 'a lot' more then you did on that other ship!:D

Edited by Russian Bear

The sale you're talking about was a great sale, balconies for less then other cruise lines inside cabins!

Just remember to wave to the people on the other ships when you port, as they paid 'a lot' more then you did on that other ship!:D

Yea, we were first going to book the $199pp inside guarantee but for just $100 more per person it was worth getting the balcony.

For those that have asked for the site - we're not allowed to mention them on the boards. The best advice I can give is just do A LOT of looking around at different websites for pricing. Apparently MSC must be one of the few lines that don't prohibit agencies from discounting the fares beyond what the cruise line sells them for.

Edited by NC Mtn Boys