beverage package

kenorus

Just wondering if princess cruises ever have promotions like celebrity and hal does in regards to the free beverage packages.
No. They haven't. One thing to keep in mind is that Princess allows TAs to discount fares, unlike Celebrity, and you can get a 10-20% discount, depending on when you book, the sailing and cabin category, get a nice OBC and other perks. Plus, Princess allows you to combine OBCs, regardless of source. On my next cruise, I'm saving 23% over current pricing (which has gone up since I booked) and between my TA, FCC, shareholder and loyalty OBC, I'll have a total of almost $600 in OBC. Sure didn't get anything like that on my Celebrity cruise. ;) Edited by Pam in CA

Princess are offering a free beverage package for those sailing on the Caribbean Princess out of Southampton in 2015. So the answer is Yes.

For now, this is an incentive to book a really expensive cruise. It's a one off... fares reflect the cost of the package so you still pay for it. So, for now, the answer is really: no.

It's a definite yes for UK passengers. It's in all Caribbean's sailings from Southampton. Building it into the price is fairly common. The drink packages are fairly new to Princess. It took Celebrity over a year to start offering them as promos. Also I think Celebrity counts on the revenue from people upgrading from the freebie to the Premium package. There's nothing to upgrade to on Princess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Cruise Junky

Just wondering if princess cruises ever have promotions like celebrity and hal does in regards to the free beverage packages.

I don't want to get into a debate, I just stated the facts as I know them. The OP asked if Princess Cruises have ever offered promotions in regards to free drink packages. The answer is Yes, as all sailings on the Caribbean Princess from Southampton in 2015, that are booked before the end of June 2014 come with a "free" drinks package. That is a promotion.

Whether it offers value for money is another question entirely. The prices I can see on the UK site are the sort of brochure prices I would expect to see this far in advance.