Dailies

Can someone explain this to me, like I'm a fourth grader. Are the dailies the paper that they'd slid under your door every morning and it tells you what's happening for the day? I'm assuming that every cruise is the same and they just change the dates...right?

And what is "a look at your week". We just booked last week and I'm overwhelmed with planning.

We are a hard core WDW family. I know everything there is to know about WDW. I feel that I'm behind the eight ball on this one. We cruised a couple years ago and you all helped me a bunch. But I had more time then.....UGH!:eek:

Your room steward will leave the daily update in your room the night before. In it will be listed:

- All the activities for the next day - this will include free and for cost activities from morning until late evening

- Open hours for all restaurants, bars, etc

- Drink of the day / drink specials

- Information on the port of call (if the next day is a port day)

Getting them the night before is nice, DH and I usually read when we're getting ready for bed.

Activities such as martini tastings, gym classes and event nights such as the white hot are pretty similar across the ships but will happen on different nights depending on your itinerary.

IMO, You certainly don't need to plan as much for a cruise as you do for WDW. The beauty of cruising for me is that I can do as much or as little as I want depending on what the ship has planned that day.

Most of the "dailies" will be the same from week to week, but some changes are made for a variety of reasons (crew member changes, ship schedule, weather, inspections, etc.) The "a look at your week" document that I think you're referring to is a one pager that is typically in your first daily with a review of the entertainment schedule so that you know in advance which shows are offered which nights - to help with planning. Here's a the weekly document from our POA cruise last year: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx5tiqBd4AoLNER0WHFsdndlajA/edit?usp=sharing

Hope that helps!

Can someone explain this to me, like I'm a fourth grader. Are the dailies the paper that they'd slid under your door every morning and it tells you what's happening for the day? I'm assuming that every cruise is the same and they just change the dates...right?

And what is "a look at your week". We just booked last week and I'm overwhelmed with planning.

We are a hard core WDW family. I know everything there is to know about WDW. I feel that I'm behind the eight ball on this one. We cruised a couple years ago and you all helped me a bunch. But I had more time then.....UGH!:eek:

Here's a PDF link to a cover of a "Freestyle Daily":

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=297050&d=1388521952

Okay, now what's a WDW ?

Edited by $hip$hape

Here is a link to some Dailies from the Getaway March 8th~ not my site just found it and have been loving all the information this gentleman has listed~ I think he's a member of CC...

http://s636.photobucket.com/user/johnql/library/Getaway%20Cruise%20030814?sort=2&page=0

I think this is what has me over the edge:D :D The lack of mandatory planning.

I've done WDW enough to understand where you're coming from. There are people that will plan each and every day of a cruise out. You can often find dailies from recent cruises posted here if you want to plan that much.

DH and I prefer to let the days on the ship be a "whatever" moment and we'll decide what we want to do if something interests us. We do plan out time at the ports so that we can enjoy scuba, beach, eating or shopping time.

Sometimes not planning and being spontaneous is when we have the most fun!

Just sayin :)

Have a great cruise!

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

I've done WDW enough to understand where you're coming from. There are people that will plan each and every day of a cruise out. You can often find dailies from recent cruises posted here if you want to plan that much.

DH and I prefer to let the days on the ship be a "whatever" moment and we'll decide what we want to do if something interests us. We do plan out time at the ports so that we can enjoy scuba, beach, eating or shopping time.

^^^ This is how I will model our vacation. I'll plan excursions - and just have "whatever" moments. But this UDP has me torn. We always get the dining plan at Disney; and now I think I'm missing something if we don't do the speciality dining. I've read on the boards that the "free" food is good. So I think we're going to stick with "free food" Maybe me the DH will hit Cagney's one night.

Thank you to everyone for putting my mind a little at ease :)

Sometimes not planning and being spontaneous is when we have the most fun!

Just sayin :)

Have a great cruise!

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

I agree, however its not in my DNA. I do scheduling for a big big big shot person; and his/her entire day is scripted minute by minute. Its how I roll.... :D

But this UDP has me torn. We always get the dining plan at Disney; and now I think I'm missing something if we don't do the speciality dining. I've read on the boards that the "free" food is good. So I think we're going to stick with "free food" Maybe me the DH will hit Cagney's one night.

DH and I have been perfectly happy with the "free" dining room food. (As a point of reference we love our food and love to eat out at high-end restaurants.) We usually do one of the specialty restaurants on board. A night at Cagney's is a great option.

DH and I have been perfectly happy with the "free" dining room food. (As a point of reference we love our food and love to eat out at high-end restaurants.) We usually do one of the specialty restaurants on board. A night at Cagney's is a great option.

This whole post made me smile!! Thank you.

^^^ This is how I will model our vacation. I'll plan excursions - and just have "whatever" moments. But this UDP has me torn. We always get the dining plan at Disney; and now I think I'm missing something if we don't do the speciality dining. I've read on the boards that the "free" food is good.

So I think we're going to stick with "free food" Maybe me the DH will hit Cagney's one night.

Thank you to everyone for putting my mind a little at ease :)

From one of me favorite musicals:

We loved the free dining. As for WOW style planning, you can't quite do that with cruising. We LOVED sunbathing on our private balcony with a bottle of chardonnay and having those do nothing times. Cruising is so relaxing compared to theme parks.

-lisa (roller coaster enthusiast & WOW fan)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app