Getaway steam room and sauna

CruiseNwill

Unfortunately, no. There isn't really even a real locker room for the non-spa guests. There's basically a bathroom with about 8 lockers for the use of people using the fitness center. No shower.

Wow is that like that just on the getaway or all of NCL ships?

Wow is that like that just on the getaway or all of NCL ships?

Most all NCL ships. The Sun does not have a fancy pay spa. They have a small sauna/steambath for both men and women. It includes a locker room with showers. It is free.

The new ships won't have anything 'free'. NCL even ups the weekly spa fee to $199. Ridiculous in my opinion. Low fares aren't 'free'. NCL has perfected the are of nickel and diming. That is good or bad depending on your point of view.

• 4 months later...

Unfortunately this seems to be a trend with all the new big ships. I was on the Royal Princess last year and all they had was a thermal suite and it was limited to 40 guests. This is why I don't book these new mega ships. I happen to love the Sun; too bad the Sun is only doing 10 and 11 day cruises now. I won't book the Getaway or the Epic due to no complimentary steam room. BTW, they also limit perks on these ships. It's been a while since I checked but my "consultant" told me that they don't have Latitudes parties on the Epic and that I would not get the free dinner for two in the Bistro (that I get as a Platinum member of Latitudes) either. I just came off the Vision of the Seas and while this is an older ship with a free steam room and sauna there was no shampoo in the stateroom, no ice in the stateroom, no chocolate on the pillow, and no fridge in the stateroom. Also there was lobster on the menu for a charge in the main dining room on formal night. It all seems so petty. I would rather pay more and have a better cruise experience.

Most all NCL ships. The Sun does not have a fancy pay spa. They have a small sauna/steambath for both men and women. It includes a locker room with showers. It is free.

The new ships won't have anything 'free'. NCL even ups the weekly spa fee to $199. Ridiculous in my opinion. Low fares aren't 'free'. NCL has perfected the are of nickel and diming. That is good or bad depending on your point of view.

.....it is only nickel and diming if you pay for it. In our case we did pay for it but don't feel like we were N&D'd at all. We totally enjoy the spa. Last year you would either find us in the spa or Vibe or our cabin.

Now that was what I called relaxing!

:cool:

wasiii

Unfortunately this seems to be a trend with all the new big ships. I was on the Royal Princess last year and all they had was a thermal suite and it was limited to 40 guests. This is why I don't book these new mega ships. I happen to love the Sun; too bad the Sun is only doing 10 and 11 day cruises now. I won't book the Getaway or the Epic due to no complimentary steam room. BTW, they also limit perks on these ships. It's been a while since I checked but my "consultant" told me that they don't have Latitudes parties on the Epic and that I would not get the free dinner for two in the Bistro (that I get as a Platinum member of Latitudes) either. I just came off the Vision of the Seas and while this is an older ship with a free steam room and sauna there was no shampoo in the stateroom, no ice in the stateroom, no chocolate on the pillow, and no fridge in the stateroom. Also there was lobster on the menu for a charge in the main dining room on formal night. It all seems so petty. I would rather pay more and have a better cruise experience.

I think your "consultant" may be in error. There is still a latitude party on those bigger ships, on cruises of 7 days, but only for silver and above. The dinner for two is available on all the ships for Platinum members.

You don't feel N&D isn't $199 a person a little excessive for steam rooms

It would be if that's all you got (or wanted) but my understanding is that there is a thalassotherapy pool, those heated stone loungers, etc. that are also part of what you get with the $199 pass. I'll be on the Getaway in a couple weeks and if I get there in time I'm definitely springing for the pass.

You don't feel N&D isn't $199 a person a little excessive for steam rooms

It sure would be! But add in the pool with all of the jets, sauna, salt room, spa shower, heated tile loungers, comfy padded loungers - and a break from the crowds - and we felt it was well worth the money.

Now I am really curious if there is at least a shower that I can use in the gym locker room.

Last April on the Epic there were showers in both the locker rooms for thermal suite and the gym.

Would be very amazed if there is no shower in the gym locker room op Getaway.

Hope someone knows the answer to this, thanks!

Had a spa pass on the Epic transatlantic, for such an itinerary it was worth it.

For a seven day Caribbean itinerary I think the price of 199 dollars is too high.

You can compare the thermal suite with one at a good hotel or so.

From my European point of view the saunas are not hot enough and proper sauna-etiquette or rules aren't followed.

I am on the Pearl in April for the Panana Canal cruise. Looking at the deck plans it looks like there are separate facilities for men and women. Are these free? I thought I read on a board here somewhere that these were free and you only had to pay if you used the full facility.

I am on the Pearl in April for the Panana Canal cruise. Looking at the deck plans it looks like there are separate facilities for men and women. Are these free? I thought I read on a board here somewhere that these were free and you only had to pay if you used the full facility.

I would love to know the answer to that question too. I'll be going in March on the Pearl and wanted to ask the same question.

Deb