Sanctuary Coral Princess

fatdolly

What other then loungers does the Sanctuary have to offer. Are loungers difficult to get at the pools?
There are no loungers right at the Sanctuary pool on the Coral Princess. Here's a photo of the pool area. I've never actually used the Sanctuary, so I can't comment on the added benefits to reserving a lounger there.

7375262168_0c1ae292d6_c.jpg

What other then loungers does the Sanctuary have to offer. Are loungers difficult to get at the pools?
When you book the Sanctuary, you choose "your" lounger. Cost is $20/half-day, $40/day, or $30/day if you book for the entire cruise. That's your lounger to come and go as you please. The aft pool is accessible only to those who book the Sanctuary. Other than the lounger, there are attendants to bring you food and drinks ($3 service fee for food, drinks are usual prices), cold towels if it's hot, blankets if it's cold, and afternoon tea served at your lounger at about 3:30pm.

The Sanctuary books fast so if you plan to book for the entire cruise, go there ASAP after boarding. If you want to book be the day or half-day, you need to get there early (before 8am) of that day.

As Pam said, "They book fast" especially on the Panama Canal Transits where there are so many sea days. You are also served orange water,cucumber water and have I Pods with pre programed music all at no charge. The Coral and Island have the best Sanctuary's in my opinion (I haven't been on the new Royal yet). It was great knowing whenever I wanted my lounger was ready for me in the shade...

Can you book half day for all sea days. Or do you need to book for all days port and sea?
You can book the entire cruise (port and sea days) at the price of $30/day. If want to book individual days it is $40 for a full day or $20 for a half day. You need to get up there early in the day and space can be limited.

The Sanctuaries on the Coral and the Island have access to a coffee brewer so they will bring you complementary fresh brewed coffee in the morning or in my case, hot water and tea bags. They also brought a selection of pastries.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Can you book half day for all sea days. Or do you need to book for all days port and sea?
No. It's either the full cruise whether you're onboard or not, or for one day or half-day at a time by getting there early in the morning of that day.

I've been looking at pictures, & can't determine - Are the loungers all on 1 level on the Coral/Island?
I believe that the arrangement may be slightly different on the Coral, but on the Sun deck (15) on the Island there are four Cabanas with two loungers each (no extra charge) and as many as 10 loungers in the open. Other than the Cabanas, the rest of the loungers under cover are on the Lido deck (14) portion. I have seen photos of the Sanctuary on the Coral showing only two Cabanas but we have not been to Sanctuary area on her.

I've been looking at pictures, & can't determine - Are the loungers all on 1 level on the Coral/Island?
There are loungers on both Deck 14 and Deck 15 of the aft section of the Coral Princess. Here's a few more photos of the Sanctuary area:

7375265234_ef6059d16b_z.jpg

7190018215_99c30ae0f1_z.jpg

7375240718_f66d6da403_z.jpg

7190023217_9c62bd95e9_z.jpg

7375238684_0f7656845e_z.jpg

I was on the Island last week and the Sanctuary was never full. The deck personnel told us that the recent price hikes have caused fewer people to book it. It was so empty, that we given two sea days there for free.

IMHO, some of the best areas for viewing the canal crossing are the aft passenger decks. We spent most of our canal crossing on Baja deck aft, and there were very few passengers and we were able to take lots of unobstructed pictures.

There are loungers on both Deck 14 and Deck 15 of the aft section of the Coral Princess. Here's a few more photos of the Sanctuary area:

7190018215_99c30ae0f1_z.jpg

In the picture above you see two pairs of loungers to the left of the cabana. On the Island there are also two additional cabanas covering those two pairs of loungers.

In the picture above you see two pairs of loungers to the left of the cabana. On the Island there are also two additional cabanas covering those two pairs of loungers.

This is a photo of that area on the Island.

IMG_0701.JPG

Interesting that the layout is different on the two ships. That top deck doesn't have any shade except for the cabanas. That's probably why they added two more to the Island.

Interesting that the layout is different on the two ships. That top deck doesn't have any shade except for the cabanas. That's probably why they added two more to the Island.

Thats what happens when you put something where its not meant to be. :rolleyes: