Cabin selection on Summit

KiRiMi

We (husband and wife) are looking for advice on cabin selection for a cruise to Bermuda this summer on the Summit. We have never been on a Celebrity cruise before and only on two cruises previously. We plan to book in Aqua Class so we can have access to Blu. There are two categories of Aqua Class, the cost is $100 pp difference, AQ1 cabins on Deck 11 and AQ2 cabins on Deck 9. Has anyone stayed in either/both. What are the main differences and which deck is preferable.? I think the balcony may be different but not sure if all or just some are less desirable. We would definitely like sun on the balcony for some of the day.

We also would appreciate advice on whether to book on the port side or starboard side.

We (husband and wife) are looking for advice on cabin selection for a cruise to Bermuda this summer on the Summit. We have never been on a Celebrity cruise before and only on two cruises previously. We plan to book in Aqua Class so we can have access to Blu. There are two categories of Aqua Class, the cost is $100 pp difference, AQ1 cabins on Deck 11 and AQ2 cabins on Deck 9. Has anyone stayed in either/both. What are the main differences and which deck is preferable.? I think the balcony may be different but not sure if all or just some are less desirable. We would definitely like sun on the balcony for some of the day.

We also would appreciate advice on whether to book on the port side or starboard side.

We have stayed in Deck 9 AQ2 on Infinity, sister ship of the Summit. The cabins are fine, a bit larger than standard Verandas, but you are on the deck directly below the pool deck or buffet. Our cabin was fine, but we were on a cruise were few people were using the pool.

The Deck 11 AQ1 cabins are great, I would love to stay in one, if the price is good, take it, unless you are prone to seasickness, since they are up high on the aft of the ship.

Just got off Summit a few weeks ago in room 9054. Was a little trepidatious at first with the whole below pool deck thing, and huge overhang, however, we NEVER heard a thing above us, below us, or across from us. The overhang is big, no doubt, but provides GREAT shade. My ONLY issue with this room are the supports from the overhang occasionally showed up in pictures. In hindsight, the room was very convenient to the persian garden, as well as the lido deck (and those awesome burgers).

I would not hesitate to book THIS particular room again, but I know you need to watch for partially obstructed rooms on deck 9.

Good Luck.......

I think the deck 11 cabins are newer as those were recently added in a refurb. We have an A1 on deck 11 aft booked on Summit to Bermuda in July. Aft cabins have big balcony with sun and shade. Port and starboard balconies have little to no shade due to lack of overhang. Aft gives us the best of both worlds!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk