E1 versus D1 on Liberty of the Seas

Hi all,

We are considering our 2nd cruise on RCCL after having a blast on the Oasisi in February. We are looking at on Liberty. We are 4, DH and I and we have 2 kids (10 and 6 at time of sailing). Will E1 accomodate all of us or will we need a D1? I really like to be midship and there doesn't seem to be any E1 staterooms available midship.

Thanks a mil!

Hi all,

We are considering our 2nd cruise on RCCL after having a blast on the Oasisi in February. We are looking at on Liberty. We are 4, DH and I and we have 2 kids (10 and 6 at time of sailing). Will E1 accomodate all of us or will we need a D1? I really like to be midship and there doesn't seem to be any E1 staterooms available midship.

Thanks a mil!

There are 4 person staterooms in both E1 and D1 categories.

The D1 will be a bit longer, basically the difference between a 2 person loveseat in the E1 and a 3 person couch in the D1.

Edited by clarea

Some people have claimed the extra couple feet in a D1 make life more bearable with 4 people in the cabin, but I think the difference is about 3 feet in cabin length (no change in width), if I'm not mistaken. You should be fine in an E1 if the price is right. Make sure you're putting your state in when checking fares (D1's and D2's are going on sale on a lot of ships for residents of some states).

It's not even 3 feet longer, more like 1.5 feet. There are 15 sq ft more in D on Freedom class than E. You do get more floor space and a few more drawers. While it gives you a bit more elbow room, it will not make a huge difference. A balcony cabin for 4 people is going to be tight no matter how you slice it. Just accept that and send Dad to shower at the gym.