Gluten free foods - Carnival Spirit

numbersgirl

Hi everyone,

My mum is coaeliac and will be on carnival spirit next month.

Could anyone fill me in on gluten free food availability on the spirit and in particular whether they have gluten free cereal?

Since the Spirit has been sailing from Sydney for a year and a half now, you probably would get better responses from the Australia/New Zealand board.

She also should contact Carnival/Au special needs dept.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=712

Edited by crzndeb

• 1 year later...

Hi, I am celiac and found the Carnival Spirit staff excellent regarding food choices. The food was really lovely and lots of choice. Let them know you have a special diet before the cruise then on the first night go to the main dining room and tell them when you check in there. You get assigned one person to look after your meals, pre-order for the next day each evening and the chef will make just about anything you like.

Not having to worry about food made such a difference to my holiday. I'm booked to go on Carnival Spirit again in August and really looking forward to it. The chef even wrote out the recipe for one of my fave dishes and gave it to me on the last day - :)

Carnival is THE BEST cruise line to ensure that you remain on your dietary needs. I have to be both gluten and dairy free and egg free, the MDR staff ALWAYS has made sure my needs are met and they watch over me, sometimes I would order something and they remind me I can't have it, they wonderful. The buffets have many choices of gluten free foods, just ask a worker, they will be happy to go over what you can't and can have, never had any issue with this ever with Carnival. They even have gluten free desserts including gf chocolate melting cake!

We have other allergies.

The first night is a bit difficult but once we discovered to see the Maitre 'd upon boarding it's been easier. Check the Fun Times for when it's open, usually around 1pm.

You will be able to order GF meals for every meal that is served in the MDR, not only dinner.

You can search for other GF threads using "Gluten" or "Celiac".

Be very careful in the buffet. SOmetimes the workers are not aware of things. Ask a hostess or the Lido Chef (not the line guys). Cross contamination can also be an issue.

Edited by SadieN