Divina B1 vs B2 vs B3?

Okmyx

Hi,

Can you please tell me about 9145? My parents are interested in this one even though they know they won't be able to see the aft of the boat.

Thanks!

my understanding is this cabin can only be set up as a twin and can't be a double because of the placement of the door and balcony doors

info from a guest who stayed in 9145

WE stayed in 9145 this past Feb. Here are a few pics of the room and balcony. We liked the layout with the bed area separated from the sitting area by a partial wall (bath and closet are in the sitting area). Pics aren't really great but hope they'll give you an idea.

Attached Thumbnails

9145%204.jpg91445%203.jpg

and here is what it will look like from the outside. This is 9145 on Splendida but it is exactly the same on Divina

9145.jpg

Info also on this thread post #123 page 7

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=49165756&highlight=9145#post49165756

pete

Edited by Skier52

Hi Pete,

Do you have have any details on cabin 16007. I have booked the cabin for August 2017 for myself, wife and teenage daughters. I am thinking of giving them the bedroom and sleeping on the pullout sofa because we will be up earlier than them and I cant face them moaning every morning. Is the pullout sofa comfortable?

Edited by Welshman1864

Hi,

so I went through all this fantastic recommendations (thank you!) but still can't decide which cabin we should go for.

We would like to book the fantastica experience, even though we won't get the drink vouchers here in Germany. We're looking for a nice B2 cabin midship with a sunny balcony. Is deck 10 strongly affected be the overhang? The cruise will be in February 2018 so there are many cabins on all decks to choose from - maybe too many! :) is there also a recommendation concerning the side of the cabin during Caribbean Cruises?

Thank you for your help - I'm always making a big deal out of finding the perfect cabin...

Patrick

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Pete,

Do you have have any details on cabin 16007. I have booked the cabin for August 2017 for myself, wife and teenage daughters. I am thinking of giving them the bedroom and sleeping on the pullout sofa because we will be up earlier than them and I cant face them moaning every morning. Is the pullout sofa comfortable?

the cabin is 387 sq. ft. with a balcony of 172 sq. ft.

the balcony will be the mirror image of the image below

YCpoundbalcony.jpg

if you follow this link

and on the right hand side press the arrow, then the press the Yacht Club

then scroll up/down within the area shown and finally select Royal suite or Sophia suite you will get to see the 360 virtual tour of your cabin

360tour%20royal%20suite%201.jpg360tour%20royal%20suite%202.jpg360tour%20royal%20suite%203.jpg

http://virtual-tours.msccruises.com/MSC-Divina/en-gb/index.html

Unfortunately I have no experience of sleeping on the pull out sofas on MSC ships so can't comment on whether they are comfortable

hope this helps

Pete

Hello,

Can you give me any info on cabin 13126 on Divina? Much appreciated :)

it is a standard balcony cabin

192 sq. ft. (living area 168; bathroom 24) and the balcony is 42 sq. ft.

It will be affected by the overhang from deck 14, but as it is on the central hump the extent of the overhand is less than cabins Iin the recessed area.

You can see the affect of the overhang in the image.

The overhang in the foreground is in the recessed area and the overhang in the background (on the left hand side of the image) is the affect on cabins on the central hump.

It is very conveniently located for the central bank of lifts serving the atrium.

there may be a bit of overhead noise as it is directly below the bar on the pool deck

please ignore the red dot that was put there in answer to another enquiry

584563e5-58c8-48bc-9b2f-950316f372c5.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Hi,

so I went through all this fantastic recommendations (thank you!) but still can't decide which cabin we should go for.

We would like to book the fantastica experience, even though we won't get the drink vouchers here in Germany. We're looking for a nice B2 cabin midship with a sunny balcony. Is deck 10 strongly affected be the overhang? The cruise will be in February 2018 so there are many cabins on all decks to choose from - maybe too many! :) is there also a recommendation concerning the side of the cabin during Caribbean Cruises?

Thank you for your help - I'm always making a big deal out of finding the perfect cabin...

Patrick

Deck 10 will hardly have any affect from the overhang except when the sun is very high in the sky.

I can't make a recommendation as to which side of the ship might be better unless I can see the detailed itinerary which includes a map of the route and the times in port.

So if you could give me the ship and sailing date I will do my best impart my thoughts as to the best side of the ship for you.

Pete

Deck 10 will hardly have any affect from the overhang except when the sun is very high in the sky.

I can't make a recommendation as to which side of the ship might be better unless I can see the detailed itinerary which includes a map of the route and the times in port.

So if you could give me the ship and sailing date I will do my best impart my thoughts as to the best side of the ship for you.

Pete

Thanks Pete! It will be MSC Divina, departing February 15th 2018 from Miami

Thanks Pete! It will be MSC Divina, departing February 15th 2018 from Miami

divina%202018%20feb.jpg

looking at the itinerary you will notice that there are 2 sea days on the way out and 1 on the way back.

so to my mind I would choose a starboard side cabin as they will get sun on the balconies late morning until sunset on 2 days.

Port side cabins will get the sunshine in the morning only. This is because the sailing route is WNW to ESE. and of course it is the reverse on the way back but only for 1 day.

But if I am really honest I would try and get a deck 10 aft with it's 120 sq. ft. balcony (1st choice) or deck 11 aft 98 sq ft. balcony (2nd choice) as these would get direct sun in late afternoon/evening on the outward journey and most of the day on the return journey.

however some people don't like the aft cabins as they are worried about the possible noise and movement.

These cabins are much sought after and so may already be booked.

the last paragraph assumes you aren't in the Yacht Club.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

In

the cabin is 387 sq. ft. with a balcony of 172 sq. ft.

the balcony will be the mirror image of the image below

YCpoundbalcony.jpg

if you follow this link

and on the right hand side press the arrow, then the press the Yacht Club

then scroll up/down within the area shown and finally select Royal suite or Sophia suite you will get to see the 360 virtual tour of your cabin

360tour%20royal%20suite%201.jpg360tour%20royal%20suite%202.jpg360tour%20royal%20suite%203.jpg

http://virtual-tours.msccruises.com/MSC-Divina/en-gb/index.html

Unfortunately I have no experience of sleeping on the pull out sofas on MSC ships so can't comment on whether they are comfortable

hope this helps

Pete

Thank you for the reply, the virtual tour was great.

divina%202018%20feb.jpg

looking at the itinerary you will notice that there are 2 sea days on the way out and 1 on the way back.

so to my mind I would choose a starboard side cabin as they will get sun on the balconies late morning until sunset on 2 days.

Port side cabins will get the sunshine in the morning only. This is because the sailing route is WNW to ESE. and of course it is the reverse on the way back but only for 1 day.

But if I am really honest I would try and get a deck 10 aft with it's 120 sq. ft. balcony (1st choice) or deck 11 aft 98 sq ft. balcony (2nd choice) as these would get direct sun in late afternoon/evening on the outward journey and most of the day on the return journey.

however some people don't like the aft cabins as they are worried about the possible noise and movement.

These cabins are much sought after and so may already be booked.

the last paragraph assumes you aren't in the Yacht Club.

Pete

Thank you Pete - this is a great help! I guess we will choose one of the B2 starboard cabins on deck 10.

Thank you Pete - this is a great help! I guess we will choose one of the B2 starboard cabins on deck 10.

Try and get one on a hump so you get a full 180 degree view as the cabins in the recessed areas don't get a full 180 degree view.

these are the preferable cabins

starboard 10040 t0 10078; 10142 to 10154; 10220 t0 10242

port 10041 to 10083; 10157 to 10169; 10235 to 10259

avoid any of these cabins below as they have metal" in-hull" balconies

in- hull balcony

in%20hull%20balcony.jpg

in hull balconies on the front hump

on the rear hump

on the central hump avoid

10156 to 10204

and

10171 to 10219

as these are smaller cabins probably sold as B1

I would still consider

10254 to 10262 and 10271 to 10279

on the aft because of the huge balconies

as standard balcony

P1020628-1_zpsce4fb204.jpg

a deck 10 aft balcony

Deck10_aft%201.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Try and get one on a hump so you get a full 180 degree view as the cabins in the recessed areas don't get a full 180 degree view.

these are the preferable cabins

starboard 10040 t0 10078; 10142 to 10154; 10220 t0 10242

port 10041 to 10083; 10157 to 10169; 10235 to 10259

avoid any of these cabins below as they have metal" in-hull" balconies

in- hull balcony

in%20hull%20balcony.jpg

in hull balconies on the front hump

on the rear hump

on the central hump avoid

10156 to 10204

and

10171 to 10219

as these are smaller cabins probably sold as B1

I would still consider

10254 to 10262 and 10271 to 10279

on the aft because of the huge balconies

as standard balcony

P1020628-1_zpsce4fb204.jpg

a deck 10 aft balcony

Deck10_aft%201.jpg

Pete

Thank you so much! We finally booked and chose cabin 10142 - seems to be one of the best cabins to me. We are not big fans of aft cabins, due to the noice and movement.

Can't wait- 12 months to go!

Thank you so much! We finally booked and chose cabin 10142 - seems to be one of the best cabins to me. We are not big fans of aft cabins, due to the noice and movement.

Can't wait- 12 months to go!

great choice. enjoy your cruise

Pete

Hello to all forum member,

last year i travelled with MSC Divina from Miami to Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Cozumel and Ochos Rios. It was very nice and i couldnt wait any longer and booked again.

Last time i had a Fantastica B2 − Balcony Stateroom on deck 13 (Cabin 13093) The room was nice and we had a sofa in that room. We had enough space for everything and the size of the balcony was good too.

This year i reserved a Bella Balcony B1 on deck 11 (Cabin 11160). I thought that the deck is high enough and on a good area and dont wanted to pay more for the fantastica. We dont use the room service to order something and we love it to experience the ship.

But when now when i look at the deck plan, the Cabin and the balcony looks smaller than the other cabins like (13093) and i heard that he cabin is smaller, without a sofa (only chair) and smaller balcony. Is that right, has anobody experienced that kind of balcony cabin? Is the balcony big enough, has the balcony chairs like the fantastica cabin?

I couldnt find any video or photo to compare that.

Now im confused and dont know what to do. I want to see if the size is enough for us, and if it is comfortable too because we loved our experience last year and dont want to be dissapointed now.

Has anobody pictures or a video for the kind of balcony (11160) on any deck?

What was your experiences, is the room big enough? How the interior looks like, compared to the B2 Balcony?

I hope so much, that someone can help us.

Kind Regards

Hello to all forum member,

last year i travelled with MSC Divina from Miami to Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Cozumel and Ochos Rios. It was very nice and i couldnt wait any longer and booked again.

Last time i had a Fantastica B2 − Balcony Stateroom on deck 13 (Cabin 13093) The room was nice and we had a sofa in that room. We had enough space for everything and the size of the balcony was good too.

This year i reserved a Bella Balcony B1 on deck 11 (Cabin 11160). I thought that the deck is high enough and on a good area and dont wanted to pay more for the fantastica. We dont use the room service to order something and we love it to experience the ship.

But when now when i look at the deck plan, the Cabin and the balcony looks smaller than the other cabins like (13093) and i heard that he cabin is smaller, without a sofa (only chair) and smaller balcony. Is that right, has anobody experienced that kind of balcony cabin? Is the balcony big enough, has the balcony chairs like the fantastica cabin?

I couldnt find any video or photo to compare that.

Now im confused and dont know what to do. I want to see if the size is enough for us, and if it is comfortable too because we loved our experience last year and dont want to be dissapointed now.

Has anobody pictures or a video for the kind of balcony (11160) on any deck?

What was your experiences, is the room big enough? How the interior looks like, compared to the B2 Balcony?

I hope so much, that someone can help us.

Kind Regards

A standard cabin , like 13093 is 192 sq. ft . with a 42 sq. ft.

the cabin No 11160 is smaller cabin 148 sq.ft. with a balcony of 34 sq ft.

Pete

This is 9201, a small Bella balcony like you have booked. You will notice the only seating inside the cabin is the stool at the desk. Although the balcony is shallower than the regular cabin, you will have the same furniture:

DSC00238_zpsngmptopy.jpg

DSC00237_zpsjyvkmgvs.jpg

DSC00236_zpsctilhuwc.jpg

DSC00235_zps9j5c3u4x.jpg

I did not stay in this cabin, I chose 8114, also a Bella balcony. But I did take these pictures. EM

Another balcony, this 9164

DSC00241_zps3qsavbm9.jpg

Note that not all of these cabins are Bella, cabins in the same location on decks 12 & 13 are Fantastica.

Hello Skier52 and Essiesmom,

I thank you, you helped me so much!!! Especially the pictures are so helpful. Now i can imagine the interior better. I think the upgrade for only a sofa is not worth the 200 $ plus.

The additional service of the fantastica cabin is not important for me because i had a fantastica cabin last year and i did not used the special services. The smaller bella balcony ist not that much smaller. So i will go with smaller bella balcony and save 200 $, which i can use for drink packages.

Thank you again!!! :)

I have cruised on Divina twice and both times we were initially assigned smaller balcony cabins. I called MSC direct and expressed my concern; both times they changed us to larger cabin for no additional charge. The second time they offered me a YC cabin at a slight premium; it was well worth it. MSC wants you to be happy. Give them a call and see if they can help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app