Divina B1 vs B2 vs B3?

Okmyx

Ooops...looks like Pete beat me to it. But since I was already copying & pasting....

Cabin 10007 - Cabin Interior 354.7 sq ft (35.0 sq ft bathroom + 319.7 sq ft living space). Balcony is 32.8 sq ft and has steel sides. It should have a convertible double sofa and a bathtub.

Cabin 11010 - Cabin Interior 411.7 sq ft (35.0 sq ft bathroom + 376.7 sq ft living space). Balcony is 32.8 sq ft and has steel sides. It should have a convertible double sofa and a bathtub.

Pete's dimensions are showing the balconies much larger. A video (

) of Cabin 11009 seems to support that.

Bret

Hi Bret

this is what a 32.8 sq ft balcony looks like ( a small hump balcony eg10171)

small%20hump%20balcony%20deck12_1.jpg

this is what an Aurea suite balcony (part of) looks like

9009balcony.jpg

Sorry about the typo on the bathroom sizes :- they are 35 sq ft.; NOT 55 as I said in my answer

pete

Pete,

Believe me, I know the difference. :) But I only put down what comes off of the official MSC paperwork. Because you know they are never wrong. :rolleyes: :eek:

Bret

Maybe they are missing a No.... 1 off the front and it should read...... 132.8sq. ft. which is close to my~135

perhaps the field only has room for 4 characters and 132.8 is 5 so the front one would fall off as the data was entered

Edited by Skier52

That would totally make sense.

Still trying to get the chart for the Seaside. They claim not to have it out yet. Their agents definitely need it. They told one of my people today they were not going to have any handicap accessible cabins on the Seaside. SMH. :D And before anyone asks, yes, there will be some, but very few.

Bret

That would totally make sense.

Still trying to get the chart for the Seaside. They claim not to have it out yet. Their agents definitely need it. They told one of my people today they were not going to have any handicap accessible cabins on the Seaside. SMH. :D And before anyone asks, yes, there will be some, but very few.

Bret

Just looked at the deck plans and there are 48 H cabins ALL, except 8 OV, are insides including 3 in the YC

Deck 5 Has 12 ....8 x OV; 4 x inside

9 has 5

10 has 4

11 has 6

12 has 6

13 has 6

14 has 3

15 has 3

16 has 1 YCIN

there is no deck 17 (Italian superstition)

18 has 2 YCIN

There are NO balcony H cabins on the deck plans as of today

Edited by Skier52

Love all the info and pictures. Tried to find my room but no luck so could you give me info on room 13059 please and thank you.

13059 is a standard balcony room

192 sq. ft, ( 168 sq. ft. living area ; 24sq.ft. bathroom) with a 42 sq. ft. balcony.

As it is deck 13 and in the recess are it will be affected by the deck 14 overhang. If you don't like direct sunshine then you will think that is good; if you like direct sunshine then you will think it is bad.

IT is just far enough from the hump wall for the field of view to be limited by not massively.

Good location for the lifts

There may be overhead noise from the covered pool , the magradome.

not a very good location but certainly not the worst just below an average location (IMHO)

Pete

13059 is a standard balcony room

192 sq. ft, ( 168 sq. ft. living area ; 24sq.ft. bathroom) with a 42 sq. ft. balcony.

As it is deck 13 and in the recess are it will be affected by the deck 14 overhang. If you don't like direct sunshine then you will think that is good; if you like direct sunshine then you will think it is bad.

IT is just far enough from the hump wall for the field of view to be limited by not massively.

Good location for the lifts

There may be overhead noise from the covered pool , the magradome.

not a very good location but certainly not the worst just below an average location (IMHO)

Pete

Thanks. For 399pp I'm not going to complain. My mom will appreciate the shade and being close to the elevator

If you are are trying to decide on particular cabins, I have a listing of every cabin onboard with the square footage of the cabin overall (plus broken down into bathroom and living space) and the balcony. Let me know if you need that info on certain ones.

Overall, I think B2 is a safe bet though some forward have steel balcony siding versus plexiglass.

Bret

Do you have that info for cabins 11119 and 10109- thanks so much

Do you have that info for cabins 11119 and 10109- thanks so much

Both the cabins are 192 sq. ft. (living area 168; bathroom 24) ; balcony 42 sq. ft. which are plexiglass.

10109 will have a bigger field of view than 11119 as it is farther away from the hump wall.

10109 is directly opposite the entrance to the lifts and so may be subject to more noise than 11119 from inconsiderate noisy guests. (11119 is halfway between the two forwardmost banks of lifts so the footfall past the door will be less).

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Both the cabins are 192 sq. ft. (living area 168; bathroom 24) ; balcony 42 sq. ft. which are plexiglass.

10109 will have a bigger field of view than 11119 as it is farther away from the hump wall.

10109 is directly opposite the entrance to the lifts and so may be subject to more noise than 11119 from inconsiderate noisy guests. (11119 is halfway between the two forwardmost banks of lifts so the footfall past the door will be less).

Pete

Also how about 11226/11228- advantages or disadvantages of 11226 vs 11193

Also how about 11226/11228- advantages or disadvantages of 11226 vs 11193

11226/11228 are both great positions for cabins ; maybe a bit close to the lifts for some people but I wouldn't be troubled by them. There is no deck 14 overhang on the forward and rear humps

11193 may have a small amount shading from the deck 14 overhang, which is less on the central hump than in the recessed areas, but other than that it's good for the lifts ,again too close for some people.

it will have less movement than the other two choices.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

11226/11228 are both great positions for cabins ; maybe a bit close to the lifts for some people but I wouldn't be troubled by them. There is no deck 14 overhang on the forward and rear humps

11193 may have a small amount shading from the deck 14 overhang, which is less on the central hump than in the recessed areas, but other than that it's good for the lifts ,again too close for some people.

it will have less movement than the other two choices.

Pete

Thanks for the quick response- do you have the cabin sizes/ balcony sizes for those rooms- 11193/11226/11228- thanks again

Thanks for the quick response- do you have the cabin sizes/ balcony sizes for those rooms- 11193/11226/11228- thanks again

Standard size balcony cabins

192 sq. ft (168 living area ; 24 sq. ft. bathroom) 42 sq. ft balcony

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
Great info Bret - I did pick 9009 - then was sent a picture which indicated to me that the balcony was not all that great and that 11009 balcony was better (more wrap around) so changed it to 11009. I think I might have to change back - just checked and 9009 is still available. Lol they must think I'm a nutter.

Thank you so much for your help

Hi

Thinking of booking 9009 for a cruise of the Caribbean. How was it? We just want to get a large balcony with Aurea or YC privileges.

• 3 weeks later...
If you are are trying to decide on particular cabins, I have a listing of every cabin onboard with the square footage of the cabin overall (plus broken down into bathroom and living space) and the balcony. Let me know if you need that info on certain ones.

Overall, I think B2 is a safe bet though some forward have steel balcony siding versus plexiglass.

Bret

Good Morning, I was wondering if you have an idea on how much sun this particular location receives. I've read that because of overhangs that it's mostly shadow and a person is unable to do any tanning. Also, what is the square footage? This is my first time on MSC and I am looking forward to a great experience; beginning with our Cabin! :) Thanking you in advance,