Observation....Haven Lounge Info

happy cruzin

Curious.....has anyone else notice the wording on ncl.com under "complimentary dining" regarding the Haven Lounge??

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/getaway/onboard/dining#tab_detail

Exclusive to The Haven guests, enjoy your favorite cocktail and light bites surrounded by ultimate luxury.

Price per Guest: Complimentary

I know that they are really referring to access to the lounge - because we have certainly paid for our snacks and drinks in the past. But that sure makes it sound like the cocktails and lite bites are complimentary, IMHO. :cool:

Each area listed is describing the venue itself and what is has to offer. For example the description listed under O'Sheehan's includes "O’Sheehan’s has all your favorite comfort food and beer on tap 24 hours a day." also listed a complimentary. To apply your logic you should be able to get beer 24 hours a day.

Each area listed is describing the venue itself and what is has to offer. For example the description listed under O'Sheehan's includes "O’Sheehan’s has all your favorite comfort food and beer on tap 24 hours a day." also listed a complimentary. To apply your logic you should be able to get beer 24 hours a day.

Well since I know it's not complimentary - due to personal experience - I just think it's poor wording that some could misinterpret.

Curious.....has anyone else notice the wording on ncl.com under "complimentary dining" regarding the Haven Lounge??

Exclusive to The Haven guests, enjoy your favorite cocktail and light bites surrounded by ultimate luxury.

I know that they are really referring to access to the lounge - because we have certainly paid for our snacks and drinks in the past. But that sure makes it sound like the cocktails and lite bites are complimentary, IMHO. :cool:

I am sure that this is just a casual mistake as NCL would never ever try to use terminology that infers benefits <MINISUITE> that really aren't there in an attempt to get you booked.

Edited by Zimomiller

I have never paid for "snacks" in the Haven Lounge, but certainly have paid for cocktails. :)

I have never paid for "snacks" in the Haven Lounge, but certainly have paid for cocktails. :)

Have only done it once or twice but I thought we paid for the things ordered off of the snack/appetizer/bar menu - when in the Lounge. But DH just told me he didn't think so...guess I'm wrong about that part! Sorry :o

But...YES we have definitely paid for the cocktails too. Nothing "complimentary" about those - which is probably a good thing! ;)

Edited by happy cruzin

It is similar to the situation with the Haven amenities chart. If you look it has "mini-bar and espresso/cappuccino machine" as an included amenity. But upon checking, coffee machine and supplies are included but not items from the mini bar. That is kind of misleading too.

Looking at the website in context, it means that access to the Haven lounge is complimentary for suite passengers.

The heading for the section your quoting is Dining. The dining in the Haven is complimentary, not the cocktails. You can get cocktails there and also wine, but the dining is the complimentary part of it.

I understand that.....but someone who is not familiar with the Haven I think would read it differently. Technically it says the cocktails are "complimentary" :rolleyes:

I understand that.....but someone who is not familiar with the Haven I think would read it differently. Technically it says the cocktails are "complimentary" :rolleyes:

So then the "beer on tap" at complimentary O'Sheehans is also misleading.

I would be a wonderful perk to have free drinks even if for one hour in the Haven lounge. But it does not happen. Once they had 2 for 1 drinks in the Haven and that was wonderful but that did not last :(

Alcohol sales make lots of $$$$ for the cruise line. So don't expect free drinks other than the cheap rum punch or sewer wine LOL

I would be a wonderful perk to have free drinks even if for one hour in the Haven lounge. But it does not happen. Once they had 2 for 1 drinks in the Haven and that was wonderful but that did not last :(

Alcohol sales make lots of $$$$ for the cruise line. So don't expect free drinks other than the cheap rum punch or sewer wine LOL

Exactly - and they aren't ever going to totally give it away. Even in the Haven! ;)

My point is this is the sort of thing that perhaps is misread - or misunderstood - that causes people to come back and say "I'll never sail NCL again" because they were expecting one thing and reality is something else. :o

This is the first time I've noticed anyone commenting on the way it is presented. Been written up this way for quite some time. I guess if many start to suddenly protest how it's written, maybe NCL will want to change. I still think since it is listed in the dining section most (everyone) knows they are talking about food.

• 10 months later...

I think NCL took notice of your question. The site now has the additional tag line.

The Haven Lounge (Private Access for Guests of The Haven Only)

DECK 16

Price Per Person: Complimentary Bar Bites | À la carte Cocktails

Relative to questions of complimentary drinks ... If you are in a reserved stateroom there in The Haven, EVERYTHING including all cocktails, (Booz) and also all the upper class dining restaurants are truly free..... anywhere on the ship...

Believe it or not.... We just returned from Bermuda on the Breakaway yesterday, we were in The Haven and it was all complimentary. OBVIOUSLY! A VERY SWEET DEAL......

I wish we had the drink package when we booked.

We got:

1. Ultimate Dining Package.

2. air credit (even with the credit, it's cheaper to book our own flights).

3. Onboard credit.

Now, they offer gratuities for the first 2 guests....but our room is priced such that it would cost more to cancel and rebook. It seems the promos change, but the true total cost of the room doesn't change much.

I wonder if you are booked in a Haven spa Suite and have the unlimited dining and unlimited drinks, if the drinks are included in the Haven? I would assume they are, but just wondering? Does anyone know the answer to this?

Edited by Abear2

I wonder if you are booked in a Haven spa Suite and have the unlimited dining and unlimited drinks, if the drinks are included in the Haven? I would assume they are, but just wondering? Does anyone know the answer to this?

Of course they are. The Haven bar is no different than any other bar on the ship as far as how it charges. If you have the UBP, it is accepted there.

Relative to questions of complimentary drinks ... If you are in a reserved stateroom there in The Haven, EVERYTHING including all cocktails, (Booz) and also all the upper class dining restaurants are truly free..... anywhere on the ship...

Believe it or not.... We just returned from Bermuda on the Breakaway yesterday, we were in The Haven and it was all complimentary. OBVIOUSLY! A VERY SWEET DEAL......

You probably had the UDP (the drinks package) either paid or as a promotion.

Those "free drinks" are probably not from simply being "in" the Haven.

GeezerCouple

Geezercouple is right, also, there's no way you just returned from Bermuda on the Breakaway. It is still doing the Fl/Bahamas run until the last week of April.