Royal Flight Times

janetz

To those of you having cruised on the Royal, do you think a flight out of FLL at 11am is doable or to early? We would NOT carry off our luggage. We have always flown home days after a cruise. Thanks ahead. :)

To those of you having cruised on the Royal, do you think a flight out of FLL at 11am is doable or to early? We would NOT carry off our luggage. We have always flown home days after a cruise. Thanks ahead. :)

I just booked my flight back for 12:05pm the day of departure, and was mildly worried it wasn't enough time, but have since heard it shouldn't be an issue. Most people suggest flights after 12pm, but with FLL so close to the port I wouldn't think it would be a problem!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Thanks! I figure we will grab a porter when we enter the luggage area, grab our bags and get us a taxi. Should be simple. We will just ask to be in the first group off.

JB has a 10:30am flight out but that seems "too" early?

Absolutely. We just got home from our Royal cruise today. We did walk off, and were at the airport by 7am. An 11am is fine, no issues at all. Disembarkation started at 6:15am.

Edited by kywildcatfanone

Absolutely. We just got home from our Royal cruise today. We did walk off, and were at the airport by 7am. An 11am is fine, no issues at all. Disembarkation started at 6:15am.

Thank you. Do you think if you are the first group off without your luggage 10:30 is doable?

Tell me about lugging your own? Is it sometime easily done with larger luggage? We are not spring chickens...;)

Edited by janetz

Thank you. Do you think if you are the first group off without your luggage 10:30 is doable?

Tell me about lugging your own? Is it sometime easily done with larger luggage? We are not spring chickens...;)

Yes, it's do-able. I think the first non walk off groups started before 7am, the walk off's were from 6:15-6:30. As long as you are off the ship by 8am, you should have no issue with a 10:30 flight.

Lugging our own luggage was no issue today. This cruise was not full, probably about 3K passengers. We usually do the 1st walk off group since we book early flights, but our flight was a bit later today. We were in the 3rd walk off group, and had no issues getting an elevator, and went right through the walk off without stopping. Easiest it has ever been for us.

If your cruise is the same itinerary as ours, with a 10:30 flight, I would not do walk off, and set your luggage out and pick it up downstairs. No need for you to lug it off the ship.