Wine allowance

john101446

I have read that you can only take one bottle of wine on board to drink in your cabin, but can you do this at every port you stop in?

you are allowed one bottle per person to take onboard at embarkment but you can take extra but you will be charged $15 corkage per bottle

If you bring wine on board at ports other then your embarkation port, it will be stored for you until disembarkation. As far as wine to drink in your cabin, the free allowance of one bottle per person is for your embarkation port only.

If you bring wine on board at ports other then your embarkation port, it will be stored for you until disembarkation. As far as wine to drink in your cabin, the free allowance of one bottle per person is for your embarkation port only.

Actually this is handled differently on every ship. Sometimes they have a liquor table setup at ports and sometimes not.

We did not purchase our one bottle per person until the first port due to the fact that there were no wine stores near where we boarded the ship and were not charged. But, I believe you can bring all you want to bring on after that one bottle limit, but will be charged $15 corkage fee. At least that was our experience on the British Isles cruise. I believe they only confiscate alcohol (hard liquor and possibly beer).

Cole

We did not purchase our one bottle per person until the first port due to the fact that there were no wine stores near where we boarded the ship and were not charged. But, I believe you can bring all you want to bring on after that one bottle limit, but will be charged $15 corkage fee. At least that was our experience on the British Isles cruise. I believe they only confiscate alcohol (hard liquor and possibly beer).

Cole

Yes, you're probably correct that you can bring on wine for cabin consumption at other ports provided you're prepared to pay the $15 corkage. If you're not intending to consume the wine on board though, they will store it for you free of charge and deliver it to your stateroom the last night of the cruise.

Yes, you're probably correct that you can bring on wine for cabin consumption at other ports provided you're prepared to pay the $15 corkage. If you're not intending to consume the wine on board though, they will store it for you free of charge and deliver it to your stateroom the last night of the cruise.

if they go by their policy any wine bought at the different ports will be taken off you and you get it back on the last night

On our March cruise on the Golden, I bought two bottles of wine at one of our port stops. All they said when I boarded was "enjoy your wine". There is no consistency about enforcing wine policies, but all ships seem to agree hard liquor will be confiscated and returned at the end of the cruise.

I've been in Ensenada several times and when I bought wine back sometimes more than one bottle nobody said or checked anything. Maybe it depends on what ship or port.

Tom:)

The inconsistencies of the policy is frustrating to deal with. We just came back from a 31 day cruise from Buenos Aires to LA. In some ports it was checked, in some it was not. In Punta Arenas I brought back 2 more bottles. In Valparaiso I brought back 5 bottles plus a bottle of gin.