Celebrity 101

HardToPort

Hi Celebs!

I've cruised with Norwegian, Celebrity and Carnival. I cruise every year with my 81 year old Dad and he wants to try Celebrity out of Florida this coming winter.

So all you Celebutantes, tell me your favourite ships, ports and onboard experiences please.

Cheers!

HTP

:cool:

HTP... Guess it depends on length of cruise, etc. Our very favorite out of FL would be a B2B Panama Canal cruise like we did in 2012. We are, of course, talking 30 days round trip. A fantastic voyage!!:) We live in CA, so did ours out of San Diego. That option is no longer available :( but you have several choices out of FL.

HTP... Guess it depends on length of cruise, etc. Our very favorite out of FL would be a B2B Panama Canal cruise like we did in 2012. We are, of course, talking 30 days round trip. A fantastic voyage!!:) We live in CA, so did ours out of San Diego. That option is no longer available :( but you have several choices out of FL.

Hi Lynn! Yes, loved our Panama Canal cruise.

To the OP, I'd recommend picking one of the new S class ships. The rest depends on what you like--length, ports, etc. Personally, I like cruises that are 14 days or longer.

Our very favorite Panama Canal cruise out of Florida was the wonderful B2B that goes through the canal, down the west coast of South America, around Cape Horn, and then back up the east coast.

There was only one thing we disliked about it, and that was ending in Buenos Aires, so we needed to fly home from there.

We would love to do it again, if only they would continue the route back up the east coast of South America to the USA so we can cruise back and avoid that long flight to get back home.

Edited by fleckle

Hi Lynn! Yes, loved our Panama Canal cruise.

To the OP, I'd recommend picking one of the new S class ships. The rest depends on what you like--length, ports, etc. Personally, I like cruises that are 14 days or longer.

Hi Linda! Your upcoming cruise itineraries look fantastic! I totally agree with what you advised the OP..... If only X would give us some S class itineraries out of the west coast. As you may already know, Betty no longer wants to fly. We are waitlisted for the type of cabin we need RT-NY doing the Norway fjiords in Aug, 2015. Could not believe they were already sold out of accessible cabins. This is, unfortunately, not on X.

Thanks all for responding. Panama Canal is on my To Do list but not right now. Dad and I can only do 1 week. Caribbean best option. Fortunately, Celebrity has a number of ports I haven't been to yet. I've stopped in Bahamas, Jamaica, Grand Cayman. Looking forward to trying others. St. Barts, St. Maartin, San Juan etc.

Hi Linda! Your upcoming cruise itineraries look fantastic! I totally agree with what you advised the OP..... If only X would give us some S class itineraries out of the west coast. As you may already know, Betty no longer wants to fly. We are waitlisted for the type of cabin we need RT-NY doing the Norway fjiords in Aug, 2015. Could not believe they were already sold out of accessible cabins. This is, unfortunately, not on X.

How are you going to get to NY without flying???

Norway is fabulous but outrageously expensive.

Thanks all for responding. Panama Canal is on my To Do list but not right now. Dad and I can only do 1 week. Caribbean best option. Fortunately, Celebrity has a number of ports I haven't been to yet. I've stopped in Bahamas, Jamaica, Grand Cayman. Looking forward to trying others. St. Barts, St. Maartin, San Juan etc.

Eastern Caribbean on the Silhouette would probably be a good option for you if you only want to do one week. The ports are all docked (usually), so probably good for your Dad rather than trying to navigate a tender. We were on the Silhouette last December and loved it!