December 2015 cruises

Hi All,

We are wanting to organise a family cruise over Christmas / New Year period next year (2015).

Celebrity have released their schedule - should the pick your perk cover that cruise I would have jumped all over it.

When is Royal releasing their schedules for that period? Anyone know?

Any tips for booking a cruise during peak period?

Many thanks!

Royal Caribbean's South Pacific, Australia and New Zealand 2015-16 cruise season will be on sale from Tuesday 29 April 2014.

That was in an email from Royal Caribbean that came out this week. The release date has changed several times lately, so I am hoping it might actually be released this time!

We don't do the Christmas / New Year, as we are able to go on the more reasonable shoulder times, (Nov/Feb) but I would say from checking out the prices, that when you are happy with cabin choices and the price, grab it! If it means a lot to you to cruise then, from what I have seen, the prices go up as it gets closer, as that time of year is never going to be unpopular. If you book something you may see there is a sale, but often you can't do a change if you are already booked, some specials are for new bookings only.

Don't compare your cruise price to the off peak ones, you will only be sad. We tend to look at the schedule and watch the prices on the company site as well as other online TA site. When we see what we think is good value, we take it. Then be happy that you are planning a great holiday!

Also, with family, often it can be nearly the same price to have two cabins for four instead of squeezing all into one cabin. If you check out the prices for twin share and three and four the price doesn't drop much sometimes. The prices are per person, not per cabin like motels on land.

Edited by goodycruising

Hi All,

We are wanting to organise a family cruise over Christmas / New Year period next year (2015).

Celebrity have released their schedule - should the pick your perk cover that cruise I would have jumped all over it.

When is Royal releasing their schedules for that period? Anyone know?

Any tips for booking a cruise during peak period?

Many thanks!

Got any upcoming cruises with them before then?

If so, you can book onboard and get similar benefits to the Pick your perk promotion - not quite the same though.

Royal Caribbean's South Pacific, Australia and New Zealand 2015-16 cruise season will be on sale from Tuesday 29 April 2014.

We don't do the Christmas / New Year, as we are able to go on the more reasonable shoulder times, (Nov/Feb) but I would say from checking out the prices, that when you are happy with cabin choices and the price, grab it! If it means a lot to you to cruise then, from what I have seen, the prices go up as it gets closer, as that time of year is never going to be unpopular. If you book something you may see there is a sale, but often you can't do a change if you are already booked, some specials are for new bookings only.

Don't compare your cruise price to the off peak ones, you will only be sad. We tend to look at the schedule and watch the prices on the company site as well as other online TA site. When we see what we think is good value, we take it. Then be happy that you are planning a great holiday!.

Thank you for that date - I will keep my eyes open. X is currently at $1300 or so for an inside for the South Pacific cruise (I think) so it's not too bad - I ust don't have anything to compare it to! Will wait for Royal's release..

Got any upcoming cruises with them before then?

If so, you can book onboard and get similar benefits to the Pick your perk promotion - not quite the same though.

No, unfortunately not - I've just sailed X Summit & my parents are on NCL later this year.

I wonder whether the pick your perk promo ever cover the peak period?

No, unfortunately not - I've just sailed X Summit & my parents are on NCL later this year.

You can book X cruises on RCI and vice Versa.

We have a X cruise on 15 December 2014 and the perks were available for this cruise.:D

Yes, it does cover the Christmas/New Year periods. They're actually easier to get than the April-May periods!

No guarantees for the future, but they haven't been excluded yet.

However, there is a rumour that they may not offer them so much publically off ship any more. Just one of many rumours though...

You can book X cruises on RCI and vice Versa.

We have a X cruise on 15 December 2014 and the perks were available for this cruise.:D

How far in advance did you book?

The current pick your perk only applies to cruise until March 2015.

I think it ends in a few days so maybe I'll get lucky the desired period is included in the next promo!

Yes, it does cover the Christmas/New Year periods. They're actually easier to get than the April-May periods!

No guarantees for the future, but they haven't been excluded yet.

However, there is a rumour that they may not offer them so much publically off ship any more. Just one of many rumours though...

As long as we are on cruise critic, all info re cruising (& promos!) are public :D

I think it ends in a few days so maybe I'll get lucky the desired period is included in the next promo!

We booked last year and then the pick your perk was announced so the TA got that for us as well. Pays to have a good TA, as they also got us a upgrade when the pricing dropped for a little while in January.:D

As you're talking about booking onboard, their promo doesn't have an end date currently.