Brilliance of the Seas, Park Cafe and any tips??

Hello fellow cruisers....

We are going on Brilliance in October for the New England cruise. Does anyone who has recently been on Brilliance remember if the Park Cafe is open when you first board and what time? Any copies of the cruise compasses from that region? Also any other tips or hints you have about this ship. It will be our first time on Brilliance!

Thank you,

Hello fellow cruisers....

We are going on Brilliance in October for the New England cruise. Does anyone who has recently been on Brilliance remember if the Park Cafe is open when you first board and what time? Any copies of the cruise compasses from that region? Also any other tips or hints you have about this ship. It will be our first time on Brilliance!

Thank you,

Re: Tips/hints, are there any specific questions you have? We were on Brilliance back in May2013 (post refurb).

Thank you everyone for your replies... I was especially trying to find out about the Park Cafe... We might try and avoid the first day pushing and shoving in the windjammer and hope for the best in Solarium. Was just really looking for any other information you wanted to provide about the ship. Love knowing ahead of time, some of the in's and outs of the ship and where to go.

Thank you again,

Yes they were open on the New Years cruise but I cannot remember the hours. However they did not have the famous Roast Beef sandwiches on embarkation day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by FLACRUISER99

Thank you everyone for your replies... I was especially trying to find out about the Park Cafe... We might try and avoid the first day pushing and shoving in the windjammer and hope for the best in Solarium. Was just really looking for any other information you wanted to provide about the ship. Love knowing ahead of time, some of the in's and outs of the ship and where to go.

Thank you again,

Ok then. Random hints/tips from us:

The Colony Club bar area (in the back near the windows) was largely underutilized during our sailing and we found it quite conducive to relaxing and observing the ship wake on sea days and chilling out in the evenings. Since we were about the only people that came to that bar, we also got to know the bar tender (Alexandra from Romania) fairly well which scored us some complimentary drinks. Check it out. YMMV

I consider the Windjammer on embarkation day the beginning of the entertainment! "Hey, Martha, they got some fancy chicken over here!"

Seriously, the outside dining at the back of the Radiance class ships is wonderful. Most people don't find it until several days into the cruise.

Thank you again,

Because of the unique layout of the windjammer on Radiance class ships, we've never found it to be crowded, even on departure day. There's outdoor seating all the way aft, seating along both sides leading from the main portion of the WJ aft (through glass doors, so newbies don't usually realize it's even there), you can take your lunch upstairs (stairs are where you enter Rita'a Cantina) and sit outside Izumi, and semi-outdoor seating on the port side between the WJ and the pool deck. Most people don't even see that area because it is actually behind you and outside the glass doors when you enter the WJ. There's also similar area on the starboard side that's rarely ever used.

Edited by orville99

Because of the unique layout of the windjammer on Radiance class ships, we've never found it to be crowded, even on departure day. There's outdoor seating all the way aft, seating along both sides leading from the main portion of the WJ aft (through glass doors, so newbies don't usually realize it's even there), you can take your lunch upstairs (stairs are where you enter Rita'a Cantina) and sit outside Izumi, and semi-outdoor seating on the port side between the WJ and the pool deck. Most people don't even see that area because it is actually behind you and outside the glass doors when you enter the WJ. There's also similar area on the starboard side that's rarely ever used.

On Brilliance Rita's is directly behind the Windjammer on the port side. (No stairs involved.) It is seldom used as Rita's. A nice inside area with tables on embarkation day. Further back is the outside dining, accessible from port or starboard side. There is a sign that makes it look like you have to pay to go into Rita's, but if it is not open, you don't need to pay. If you are really hungry or have a large group, go to the aft area of the Windjammer.

Park Café has limited seating. Tables are for four. People get onboard and camp out there until they can get into their cabins, around 1:30.

Edited by Mystaken

From Rhonda to Rhonda, I was on Brilliance from Tampa in December. Park Café was open on the first day from 1 to 4, 4:30 to 6, and 9 to 2 AM.

Windjammer was open from 11:30.

Same for us on the Brilliance in February.

On Brilliance Rita's is directly behind the Windjammer on the port side. (No stairs involved.) It is seldom used as Rita's. A nice inside area with tables on embarkation day. Further back is the outside dining, accessible from port or starboard side. There is a sign that makes it look like you have to pay to go into Rita's, but if it is not open, you don't need to pay. If you are really hungry or have a large group, go to the aft area of the Windjammer.

Park Café has limited seating. Tables are for four. People get onboard and camp out there until they can get into their cabins, around 1:30.

True. What I was pointing out was at the entrance to Rita's, there is a stairway that goes up to deck 12, and Izumi is at the top of those stairs, so you could take the stairs and eat your lunch on Izumi's terrace, since Izumi is not open on embarkation day.

There is an aerial performance the first day which we missed, and they never had another one on our cruise. Not sure if it was worth watching as we missed it!:(

I have the compasses from our cruise which was the 5 day - Grand Cayman/Coz route.

Let me know if you want them, and I can scan them and email them to you.