Another BofA points question

When we get to 125,000 points on our Visa Card, we check cruises for the most expensive Ocean View and wait to use those points on that cruise.

Example:

We were booked on a 7-night Caribbean out of NOLA on the Serenade.

And we were booked on the Freedom out of Cape Canaveral.

On the Serenade, the Ocean View was about $650 pp ($1300)

On the Freedom, the Ocean View was $1150 pp ($2300)

So, of course we saved the points to use on the Freedom cruise and got $2,300 credit for our 125k points. Almost twice the value.

We have been able to use the 125k points for a free cruise, and the Ocean View actually went up in price so it was more expensive than the balcony D1 we booked. We only had to pay the Taxes & Port fees for the D1. :D

Hope This Helps.

We would cruise a lot less if we waited until we accumulated, 125,000 points for our next cruise. So that would not work out well for us. Even if we waited, we might not be able to choose the 'most expenseive Ocean View' available, since we still have to fit into our available vacation schedules and personal life issues.

We have done some creative financing, and those bills that come in that we can 'automatically pay' using our BofA credit card -- we do, to help earn more points over a shorter period of time -- our wireless carrier, the cable company don't seem to care -- but our mortgage company, does....and it is a shame, since our mortgage company is BofA. But the mortgage department does not allow the payment of a mortgage to be by 'credit card' at all.

It is good to know that it is possible to use more than one $500 redemption per reservation.

We would cruise a lot less if we waited until we accumulated, 125,000 points for our next cruise. So that would not work out well for us. Even if we waited, we might not be able to choose the 'most expenseive Ocean View' available, since we still have to fit into our available vacation schedules and personal life issues.

I didn't say "wait until". I was saying to pick a cruise where you can get the most value.

We have 5 cruises booked - we only used the points on one of them.

I didn't say "wait until". I was saying to pick a cruise where you can get the most value.

We have 5 cruises booked - we only used the points on one of them.

What I was replying to was your post shown below:

Originally Posted by DHADEN viewpost.gif

When we get to 125,000 points on our Visa Card, we check cruises for the most expensive Ocean View and wait to use those points on that cruise.

I interpreted "When we get to 125,000 points" as waiting until.