Transfer from Venice port to Airport : Advice please

dhy10565

We are ending our Celebrity Silhouette Cruise at Venice on May 16, 2014. We have an early flight so we would prefer to pre-arrange a private land taxi from the Venice cruise port to Marco Polo Airport. There are 6 of us in the group. Can anyone recommend a private land taxi company ?

We are ending our Celebrity Silhouette Cruise at Venice on May 16, 2014. We have an early flight so we would prefer to pre-arrange a private land taxi from the Venice cruise port to Marco Polo Airport. There are 6 of us in the group. Can anyone recommend a private land taxi company ?

Using recommendations (several) here on CC, I booked a transfer directly with the folks at this email address: ekiprent@tiscali.it Prompt (within 24 hours) replies to my inquiries and a rate of 50Euros for the four of us and our luggage. Won't be using them until June 22, 2014 so won't be able to tell you how it worked out but others have recommended them.

I do think you could get a lower (maybe 40Euros) rate but I liked going with a recommended service.

Last year we used :

clickairporttransfer dot com

costing 39 Euros for 2 people and luggage.

We booked them for around 8 30am ( sorry, can't remember the exact time) for a late morning flight.

We were exiting the terminal ten minutes early and the driver was already there, holding a card with our name.

We had a very pleasant and safe journey to the airport.

Anne

Originally Posted by ihearttotravel

We are disembarking from the Celebrity Equinox and heading to the airport the morning of May 20th. Our flight home is at 11:35am. I'm wondering the same thing... I've been reading a lot about the types of transportation for getting to the airport. It looks like there are 6 options:

#1) Water Taxi- fastest, but most expensive @ 100 Euros for up to 5 people

#2) Alilaguna Airport Boats- 15 Euro, but slow! 1.5 hour ride

#3) Airport Shuttle Bus- only 3 Euro and a 30 min. ride from the Venice bus terminal, AFTER you ride the "People Mover" monorail from the cruise port

#4) Private shuttle- 55 Euro for up to 8 people, 30 min. ride as well

#5) Cruise sponsored bus- costs $35pp and you can prepay in advance

#6) Land Taxi- 40 Euros, 30 minute ride, & they're outside the cruise terminal waiting

The regular airport bus is obviously the cheapest and a good choice b/c it's a 30 minute trip, but it looks like more of a hassle? Maybe I should look into splitting cost of shuttle with others leaving that morning as well? Would be $10 USD...Who has had experience with these options? Which is best? Don't wanna miss our flight home!

Shyra & Kevin

Originally Posted by ihearttotravel

We are disembarking from the Celebrity Equinox and heading to the airport the morning of May 20th. Our flight home is at 11:35am. I'm wondering the same thing... I've been reading a lot about the types of transportation for getting to the airport. It looks like there are 6 options:

#1) Water Taxi- fastest, but most expensive @ 100 Euros for up to 5 people

#2) Alilaguna Airport Boats- 15 Euro, but slow! 1.5 hour ride

#3) Airport Shuttle Bus- only 3 Euro and a 30 min. ride from the Venice bus terminal, AFTER you ride the "People Mover" monorail from the cruise port

#4) Private shuttle- 55 Euro for up to 8 people, 30 min. ride as well

#5) Cruise sponsored bus- costs $35pp and you can prepay in advance

#6) Land Taxi- 40 Euros, 30 minute ride, & they're outside the cruise terminal waiting

The regular airport bus is obviously the cheapest and a good choice b/c it's a 30 minute trip, but it looks like more of a hassle? Maybe I should look into splitting cost of shuttle with others leaving that morning as well? Would be $10 USD...Who has had experience with these options? Which is best? Don't wanna miss our flight home!

Shyra & Kevin

Hi

We have always used the cruise ship transfer to the airport at the end of a cruise. It's well priced and in our experience is reliable. Normally you receive a form a few days before disembarking the ship and on that form you are asked to give your onward travel arrangements. You will then be given a disembarkation time appropriate for your onward travel. When you book a Celebrity cruise ship transfer you will be asked what time your flight is to ensure that you are given a suitable transfer. It is best to book this now though rather than waiting until you are onboard. Give Celebrity a telephone call and enquire about timing. That way you will have no worries about getting to the airport with luggage at the end of your cruise. You don't want to spoil a wonderful cruise by having stress at the end of it.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

• 1 month later...
We leave for a 655am flight. 5/17. We are staying at Boscolo at the North . Any suggestions for a 430 ish ride?

We too have a 6:30am flight the day after the cruise comes back. Do any taxis run that early if we stay at a P. Roma hotel?

• 1 year later...
Using recommendations (several) here on CC, I booked a transfer directly with the folks at this email address: ekiprent@tiscali.it Prompt (within 24 hours) replies to my inquiries and a rate of 50Euros for the four of us and our luggage. Won't be using them until June 22, 2014 so won't be able to tell you how it worked out but others have recommended them.

I do think you could get a lower (maybe 40Euros) rate but I liked going with a recommended service.

How did the transfer go we are booking for this year with them

How did the transfer go we are booking for this year with them

I'm not that poster, but we went with Andrea (e-mail as above) last month. He was excellent. Vehicle was spotlessly clean and extremely spacious for our family of 4. He was waiting for us at the requested time, and he was easy to locate with a sign stating our name.