My chat with Princess reps

ptiprof

Courtesy of my amazing TA, I joined her lunch meeting with her new Princess reps. They seemed very receptive to my ideas and suggestions. Some interesting points:

They were aware of Cruise Critic but weren't sure how it works, how a party happens, etc. They did mention, however, that the reps receive a weekly summary of "trending topics" on Cruise Critic, so management does pay attention. They mentioned the hard mattresses and some patio furniture issues that management has addressed/is addressing after CC members complained at length. Good to know that the powers that be are listening :)

I mentioned the post of "Chief Blogging Officer" on CC used on the Azamara (and Celebrity, I think) boards--a company employee who serves as an ombudsman, providing information, solving problems, reporting back to management. I suggested that it would be great if Princess would consider such an arrangement.

We talked about the Sanctuary, and they mentioned that moving toward some kind of advance, pre-boarding availability is being discussed. They are aware that there is some dissatisfaction with the current process.

Other topics we discussed were my impression of understaffing in the MDR on several recent cruises, my appreciation of the International Cafe (in my opinion, the best 24 hour, non-room-service food option on any line), and my congratulations on having some superior itineraries. It wasn't appropriate for me to throw out a laundry list of criticism (oops--forgot to mention my appreciation of public laundry rooms!). So chair hogs, smoking violators, etc. were not on the agenda.

These were, of course, only my opinions. They seemed appreciative--I don't know what, if anything, will come of today's chat, but it was nice to hear that they do pay attention to CC!!

Thanks for the summary. Princess has been aware of the uncomfortable balcony chairs since they first appeared on balconies a couple of years ago. They said then that comments were being taken seriously. Not only do all Princess ships now have the uncomfortable chairs but the Royal has them as loungers.

I appreciate your efforts but I wouldn't hold my breath. :(

I assume these "Reps" were regional/district reps that work with Travel Agents? If so, I have no doubt some of these individuals don't read CC. They are there to work with Travel Agents and give them resources to educate them, sell more Princess cruises and to keep them happy with the Princess product. They also come in when travel agents have "travel shows/nights" to promote their cruise line to their clients.

The corporate office is very familiar with CC.

Thanks for the summary. Princess has been aware of the uncomfortable balcony chairs since they first appeared on balconies a couple of years ago. They said then that comments were being taken seriously. Not only do all Princess ships now have the uncomfortable chairs but the Royal has them as loungers.

I appreciate your efforts but I wouldn't hold my breath. :(

These chairs are also on Carnival ships. I take it is part of "consolidated purchasing power/savings amongst sister cruise lines".

These chairs are also on Carnival ships. I take it is part of "consolidated purchasing power/savings amongst sister cruise lines".

A good move to make Princess more individual and special would be to replace that balcony furniture on the Princess ships!!