Quad Cabins on Freedom Class Ships

I am considering booking a cruise on the Freedom of the Seas. As this ship is much more expensive than are recent other cruises, to make it work we will go with booking an inside cabin(s).

The price of two double IS cabins is $600 more than the price of a single IS quad, yet still cheaper than a quad Balcony cabin. So, I am seriously considering a single quad IS. My TA said, according to her computer database, that Category K (IS) cabins have two set ups for quad cabins:

• Queen bed (which can be split) and two overhead pull down bunks
  • Queen bed (which can be split) and a sofa bed

Does anyone have in additional information on the sofa bed option? Is this cabin larger? Is the sofa bed a double pull out bed? Is the sofa a single bed with a pull down bed over the sofa (this is the scenario we have seen on Carnival cruises)

Please share any pictures of quad cabins you may have (IS, OV or BL). Thanks in advance!

I am considering booking a cruise on the Freedom of the Seas. As this ship is much more expensive than are recent other cruises, to make it work we will go with booking an inside cabin(s).

The price of two double IS cabins is $600 more than the price of a single IS quad, yet still cheaper than a quad Balcony cabin. So, I am seriously considering a single quad IS. My TA said, according to her computer database, that Category K (IS) cabins have two set ups for quad cabins:

• Queen bed (which can be split) and two overhead pull down bunks
  • Queen bed (which can be split) and a sofa bed

Does anyone have in additional information on the sofa bed option? Is this cabin larger? Is the sofa bed a double pull out bed? Is the sofa a single bed with a pull down bed over the sofa (this is the scenario we have seen on Carnival cruises)

Please share any pictures of quad cabins you may have (IS, OV or BL). Thanks in advance!

All category K cabins have the 2 Pullman beds. There are no K category cabins that have a sofa bed other than the accessible cabins.

Both Pullmans pull down over the bed.

IMO I would spend the $600 and get 2 interior cabins. Bonus is more space and 2 bathrooms.

All category K cabins on the Freedom class are 150 sq ft.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

All category K cabins have the 2 Pullman beds. There are no K category cabins that have a sofa bed other than the accessible cabins.

Both Pullmans pull down over the bed.

IMO I would spend the $600 and get 2 interior cabins. Bonus is more space and 2 bathrooms.

All category K cabins on the Freedom class are 150 sq ft.

Thanks for your response! I looked on the Royal Caribbean website and there doesn't appear to be any sofa bed quad cabins (except HC). 150 s.f. is way tight. My TA must have been referencing a HC set up.

I am also considering the Carnival Breeze, and there is a 220 s.f. Deluxe OV cabin for $450 cheaper than the Freedom IS quad. The Deluxe OV also has an extra "bath room" with tub and sink.

Wow, I really would like to take my kids on the Freedom, but really don't think it will be worth paying over a $1000 more (two Freedom IS cabins are $1050 more than Breeze quad OV). $1000 is a lot of great shore excursions!!!

Edited by mpcaruth