Anchorage

Homer

Kodiak

Hubbard Glacier

Sitka (tender)

At Sea!

Victoria, BC

Seattle, WA

I'm looking for kid friendly hikes in any of the ports of call I have listed. My girls, 6, 5, and 3, LOVE to hike and love nature. We plan to visit Mendenhall Glacier to hike and will be walking to Hoonah in Ice Strait. Any other suggestions??

Thanks!

Ketchikan has a gorgeous lake with a circular hike. I forget what it's called, but I learned about it on the Alaska board here (great suggestion to post there). It's off the same road that leads to the totem pole park, so we rented a car and went to both places. Once we got to the lake though, we didn't end up doing the hike because the kids were having so much fun skipping rocks into the water, but everyone raved about the walk.

Best,

Mia

We did a nice hike near Exit Glacier in Seward, it was pre-kids, but I'm pretty sure it would have been kid friendly. In Ketchikan we did a nice walk around town (salmon hatchery, etc.), not a "hike" persay, but a good walking tour of town.

We did a bear walk on Icy Straight. Very level. Kids do need to be quiet when the guide tells them Do not want to disturb the bears. At one point we saw a cub but no Mama, that's not a good place to be.

Also in ISP they have a small museum quality exhibit about the canneries. We found the prices there were cheaper than anywhere else. All the money went to locals, even the school had a shop.

Mt Roberts in Juneau has some easy hikes.

Not a hike--There is a rain forest museum in Ketchikan that is very interesting, lots of hands on stuff. Native dwellings, etc.

How much time do you have in Victoria? If longer than 6 hours might want to check out Butchart Gardens. If less and the kids just want to run around, there is a park a quick walk from the pier on the way to town.