Christmas Cruise on Sun Princess

:)yes, I meant Christmas night 25th. Not Chrissy Eve. Sorry for the confusion!

I can check my patters for the carols times if you really want to know...

They are for the Sea Prinny 2013 Chrissy cruise. It will give you an indication. Just let me know, happy to dig them out! :o I am a bit of a hoarder so they will be here! LOL!

That would be great, thanks. I do love a good carol session. Hopefully the SUn Princess will stick to a similar time this year.

That would be great, thanks. I do love a good carol session. Hopefully the SUn Princess will stick to a similar time this year.

I hope this helps :)

Sea Prinny patters: 24.12.13.

5:00pm & 7:15pm

"Christmas Carols with the Ship's Company. Atrium decks 5,6,7 & 8"

Cheers!

Can't wait till our Christmas cruise on the Sea Princess. Not a religious Christmas person, but am very into the Christmas sprit. I love to dress in all my Christmas gear, does anyone else get dressed up? I would like to have a few decorations in the cabin is that ok? Very excited.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think decorations are OK as long as you are careful about attaching them to walls etc. Apparently on one US cruise a few years ago some people bought cheap decorations from Walmart that were adhesive. Unfortunately there was some colour leakage (red) through the adhesive which stained the walls. The passengers were charged several thousand dollars as the cruise line had to replace the wall panels.

Take some blutack if you need to stick anything down.

I'm reseaching LED candles to take with me. Looks like Dusk have some really nice ones but they are expensive. I'm going to try to get to a store to look at them. You can get really cheap LED tealights from $2 shops.

I'm also planning on taking a small string of solar-powered lights for our balcony, a small gold wire christmas tree and some tinsel.

We spent many years travelling to Melbourne for Christmas with family. We usually stayed in an apartment and so I'm used to decorating our accommodation to make it feel more Christmassy.

I'm not big on dressing in Christmas gear but I'm hoping Christmas Day will be a formal night.

Can't wait till our Christmas cruise on the Sea Princess. Not a religious Christmas person, but am very into the Christmas sprit. I love to dress in all my Christmas gear, does anyone else get dressed up? I would like to have a few decorations in the cabin is that ok? Very excited.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just used the cheap tinsel expanding ones! They had nylon cord and I hung that looped around railings on dresser tops, picture frame corners, door handles etc! We had low voltage solar coloured lights out on our balcony. Just looped around itself for the trip! Yes people wore their Christmas gear! No one looked silly regardless of what they wore! Everyone accepted that families have their traditions and lots of smiles & good will abounded!

Good point Ozkiwijj. We had a balcony, and when the door is open, phoofer goes all your paperwork, tinsels etc. stuff needs to be weighted or secured down!

Our Christmas tree was a pop up one, with its own low voltage lights. About 45cm high when up. Bright garish purple ;)!

The decorations at the front of our door were a blessing. We often joked if some wag moved it, we would be trying to break into the wrong room as that was our "landmark"!

Have a great cruise :)

We have done a couple of Christmas cruises. We went to the $2 shop and bought a few small decs to place around the cabin for the Chrissy spirit.

Also , if your Roll Call (?) is having a meet and greet , you could suggest that everyone turns up wearing a Santa Hat. Adds to the fun and you can pick them up at those wonderful $2 shops.:D

The solar lights are great. I bought some last year to decorate our balcony home. Luckily I bought a big string for the balcony and a small one which I tried putting on my standard potted azalea. The small string should be ideal for a cruise ship balcony. My lights only come on when it's dark but I discovered that if I wanted them to come on earlier all I had to do was cover the solar panel. A dark shoe bag with a drawstring would be ideal for this.

Wish I still had my Christmas Tree Hat. That would be hilarious. I made it for a Christmas function where everyone had to wear crazy hats. I bought a tiny decorated Christmas tree, attached it firmly to an old sunhat, added a set of battery-powered flashing lights, and decorated the hat brim with tinsel, small baubles, and tiny Christmas crackers which I could hand out to people. Everyone cracked up when they saw it, especially when I switched the lights on. And yes, I did win the prize for best hat!

Maybe I should make another one LOL. Although it was a bit bulky. Hmmm, I still have the lights, maybe I'll make a Christmas wreath to wear on my head.