Explorer- Deck 2 OV or Deck 7 inside?

I could never cruise in an inside stateroom. How is that a vacation?

Really?? Since this is your post :)

#1 Report Post Old February 2nd, 2014, 06:41 PM

LSSloves

Cabin for 4 in norovirus situations

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Four of us booked an inside room on Navigator Of The Seas for a girls trip.

The news has been reporting all week that sick passengers were quarantined to their rooms on Princess Caribbean and Explorer Of The Seas.

What would happen if we got sick? I am having panic attacks thinking about four of us in a small space with diarrhea and vomiting and one bathroom.

Would they give us an extra room?

I booked the room since it was all we could afford and we will not be in it much.

We booked last minute on a cruise this past March that only had 5 oceanview, 3rd floor, front of the ship staterooms left, and we needed 2 of them. We were next to the elevators and right outside the theatre. (I was apprehensive about noise because of our location.) What a great location this turned out to be! We never heard the elevators, and the theatre was never a problem. We never even heard the clanging, etc. noises the ship makes while docking. Love this new location that we discovered due to necessity!!

• 1 month later...

Questions?? We are a family of 4. (girls ages 11 & 13) and my option is either all of us in an inside OV room with pullmans or 2 connecting promenade rooms (7611 & 7613) for about $ 400 more? Having 2 bathrooms would be nice & offer some privacy but not sure if its worth that much? Has anyone had 4 to an OV room on deck 2? I assume the pullmans are directly over the bed?? We have never stayed in a promenade room before either??

Any help is appreciated!!

Oops..we would be in Freedom class..

Questions?? We are a family of 4. (girls ages 11 & 13) and my option is either all of us in an inside OV room with pullmans or 2 connecting promenade rooms (7611 & 7613) for about $ 400 more? Having 2 bathrooms would be nice & offer some privacy but not sure if its worth that much? Has anyone had 4 to an OV room on deck 2? I assume the pullmans are directly over the bed?? We have never stayed in a promenade room before either??

Any help is appreciated!!

Oops..we would be in Freedom class..

Absolutely do the promenade. Those cabins are not large so fitting four people is a squeeze. Go for the two bathrooms and extra space. The promenade view rooms are fine. The ocean view is not worth cramming four people!

Absolutely do the promenade. Those cabins are not large so fitting four people is a squeeze. Go for the two bathrooms and extra space. The promenade view rooms are fine. The ocean view is not worth cramming four people!

Thx for the quick reply..That's what I thought but started second guessing myself..lol

Thx for the quick reply..That's what I thought but started second guessing myself..lol

If you've never booked a PR room before it will be fun. Great for people watching but book on deck 7 or 8 if possible and book away from any bars if possible to avoid any potential noise!