Hotel suggestions for Port Carnival?

paulgraff

We have stayed at both the Radisson and Country Inn. Country Inn gives you free breakfast- Radisson doesn't. Both were fine. If booking one or the other, I would go with whichever is cheaper at the time of booking.

Assuming you mean Port Canaveral here are some choices:

These are the 3 closest to the port:

Country Inn&Suites

Marriott Residence Inn

Radisson at the Port

There is also a Ron Jon Resort near Jetty Park

Other choices in the Cocoa Beach area:

Four Points by Sheraton

Hampton Inn

Marriott Courtyard

Doubletree by Hilton Cocoa Beach

Comfort Inn&Suites

Laquinta Inn&Suites Cocoa Beach

There are also lots of smaller mom & pop local type hotel/motels in the area.

We have stayed at both the Radisson and Country Inn. Country Inn gives you free breakfast- Radisson doesn't. Both were fine. If booking one or the other, I would go with whichever is cheaper at the time of booking.

we have stayed at both of these places. we prefer the Radisson. probably not as nice of place as the country inn however the pool and the layout of the Radisson just does it for us. it just sets the entire tone for our cruise.

With the Radisson and Country inn and suites transport to the cruise terminal...do they offer sign ups/time choices or is it, you go now?

PS Are there cabs in the port canaveral area? Or is it private transport companies only?

I have stayed at Country Inn and Suites twice. A wonderful hotel, close to the port and you can park your car there for the duration of your cruise and take their shuttle to and from the port. If you book there tell them you would like a room with a view of the port. Nothing like waking up on the morning of your cruise, looking out the window and seeing your ship there waiting for you.:) Breakfast there was good and everyone there was great.

We love the Embassy Suites on 17th street. It's just a couple miles from port and they have two room suites with fresh hot free breakfasts. And I'm not talking about the cheap little breakfasts most hotels have. I'm talking about ordering your omelet your way and getting fresh made hashbrowns and bacon added to the plate. All free. :D it's a huge buffet! And they have a very very large pool too. In the evenings they have their receptions with free snacks and drinks. And yes, they are free alcoholic drinks. ;) The rooms have a separate living/dining room with sleeper sofa so you can put your kids in a separate room which is a big deal for us. And there's a kitchen area with sink and fridge. We booked the Embassy Suites this summer for $108. When you add in the cost for a nice hearty breakfast that will keep you full for hours the price is pretty darn good IMHO.

our first cruise we stayed somewhere in coca beach cuz i wanted to lol

they also offered a cruice and stay package that was hooked up with the radisson, it was a lot cheaper , not as nice but who slept much anyway ... the key point was we loved the parking at the radisson and their shuttle service.

have used just the shuttle service the last few times we cruised and it has grown and is a much quicker operation will be using it again. i hope that helps and didnt step on any recommendation toes :)

ps i heard the beds at the radisson are awesome :)

We are going on the Sunshine. We book with Go port canaveral. We got a great deal on transfers from airport to hotel, the hotel, hotel to cruise ship and back to airport after cruise. They have website but called and got a better rate. It was cheaper per person than just transfers to cruise ship. Worth a call.

We love the Embassy Suites on 17th street. It's just a couple miles from port and they have two room suites with fresh hot free breakfasts. And I'm not talking about the cheap little breakfasts most hotels have. I'm talking about ordering your omelet your way and getting fresh made hashbrowns and bacon added to the plate. All free. :D it's a huge buffet! And they have a very very large pool too. In the evenings they have their receptions with free snacks and drinks. And yes, they are free alcoholic drinks. ;) The rooms have a separate living/dining room with sleeper sofa so you can put your kids in a separate room which is a big deal for us. And there's a kitchen area with sink and fridge. We booked the Embassy Suites this summer for $108. When you add in the cost for a nice hearty breakfast that will keep you full for hours the price is pretty darn good IMHO.

The OP is sailing from Port CANAVERAL not Port EVERGLADES in Ft. Lauderdale. There is no Embassy Suites in the Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area.

Embassy on 17th, isn't that FLL? If flying in the day prior and getting in late, stay at the Hyatt inside MCO and go over the next day.

The Hyatt Hotel inside MCO (Orlando Airport) is a good option if arriving late and you find a good rate. This Hyatt can be kinda pricey at times.

In 3 cruises out of Port Canaveral, I have done the Radisson each time. There is no free breakfast there. There never has been. The one poster on here must have gotten some kind of bonus upgrade. Don't count on getting that. No Radissons that I know of have free breakfast. I'm a Gold member of Club Carlson (which Radisson is under), and they didn't even give me any kind of upgrade or free breakfast. Country Inn and Suites probably has better rooms plus a free breakfast, but Radisson's pool area is so nice. It just has the feel like you're about to go on a cruise. It's the perfect pre-cruise hotel, based on that beautiful setup.

To get free parking & shuttle with Radisson, you need to book the Park and Cruise package. This last time, it was only $5 more than the standard rate. $140 with taxes. Far cheaper than the Country Inn & Suites. No free breakfast with Radisson; no problem. We were about to get on a cruise ship, where we'd have all the food we could possibly want.

In 3 cruises out of Port Canaveral, I have done the Radisson each time. There is no free breakfast there. There never has been. The one poster on here must have gotten some kind of bonus upgrade. Don't count on getting that. No Radissons that I know of have free breakfast. I'm a Gold member of Club Carlson (which Radisson is under), and they didn't even give me any kind of upgrade or free breakfast. Country Inn and Suites probably has better rooms plus a free breakfast, but Radisson's pool area is so nice. It just has the feel like you're about to go on a cruise. It's the perfect pre-cruise hotel, based on that beautiful setup.

To get free parking & shuttle with Radisson, you need to book the Park and Cruise package. This last time, it was only $5 more than the standard rate. $140 with taxes. Far cheaper than the Country Inn & Suites. No free breakfast with Radisson; no problem. We were about to get on a cruise ship, where we'd have all the food we could possibly want.

Technically breakfast is never free at any hotel. You pay for it upfront when you pay for your room. They just tell you it's free.

With Radisson, there is a park and cruise rate that does include breakfast for two. We have used this twice and breakfast was included. This is from their site:

"Park, Cruise & Breakfast includes breakfast for two, shuttle service up to two people per room to and from your cruise terminal, and parking for one car during your cruise."

Edited by RWolver672

When we stayed at the Radisson they offered a free hot breakfast buffet, has that changed recently?

I think the breakfast buffet is included with the cruise package. They also have a shuttle to the port, but be sure you call as soon as you make a reservation and put your name on the shuttle list as it is first-sign-up, first-served.

There is also a waterfall in the swimming pool and a poolside Tiki bar.

Edited by winddawn

Do they have a park n cruise package?