On the Allure soon - Which was your favorite place to eat for??

Wow. So just because someone happens to mention one over indulgent meal on a vacation we jump on them and all Amercans for being obese. Classic cruise critic. To answer your question, you can easily go gluten free non GMO at mdr and windjammer for breakfast lunch and dinner. I bet you could even do that for breakfast at johnny rocket's if you try real hard. Judging a person , or an entire nation, based on one comment is beyond ridiculous. It is also mean and condescending.

Sent from my Iphone 7

Edited by debbs0723

The Windjammer on Oasis and Allure does not offer made to order eggs.

You can also get made to order eggs at the Wipeout Cafe and eat outside, they have tables and chairs set up just like JRs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Debbs sorry but this message board is all about our experiences, advice, suggestions and opinions. There is nothing wrong mentioning about americans don't eat right and the FACT of why people have heart and cholesterol problems and are overweight. You be sure, those who eat burgers, hot dogs, pizza and such do so at home, not just indulging on a vacation...why do you think the ships offer these items because it is what Americans are used to and want to eat.

I totally disagree what your saying, its a fact that americans do have these problems and its mainly because of the way they eat and what they eat. Fact is, Johnny Rockets food is not good..the original burger contains 870 calories, 490 calories from fat, 16 grams of saturated fat not mentioning the sodium being 1410 in just ONE BURGER! You think eating a grilled chicken salad there is good..no way, it does contain 28 grams of fat, 15 grams saturated fat and 1490 sodium.Well, maybe you think thats healthy, if you do I feel sorry for you.

I had to mention this again because it is true Johnny Rockets is not healthy food to eat, sure its ok if you only eat it once in awhile but a very high amount of americans "live" on this fast food, I just had to make my point that the person who made this comment, that americans do not eat right is absolutely telling the truth, thats all.

Oneputt- Hello..and thank you for that information...do they also offer ham, bacon and potatoes with the eggs to order?

Debbs sorry but this message board is all about our experiences, advice, suggestions and opinions. There is nothing wrong mentioning about americans don't eat right and the FACT of why people have heart and cholesterol problems and are overweight. You be sure, those who eat burgers, hot dogs, pizza and such do so at home, not just indulging on a vacation...why do you think the ships offer these items because it is what Americans are used to and want to eat.

I totally disagree what your saying, its a fact that americans do have these problems and its mainly because of the way they eat and what they eat. Fact is, Johnny Rockets food is not good..the original burger contains 870 calories, 490 calories from fat, 16 grams of saturated fat not mentioning the sodium being 1410 in just ONE BURGER! You think eating a grilled chicken salad there is good..no way, it does contain 28 grams of fat, 15 grams saturated fat and 1490 sodium.Well, maybe you think thats healthy, if you do I feel sorry for you.

I had to mention this again because it is true Johnny Rockets is not healthy food to eat, sure its ok if you only eat it once in awhile but a very high amount of americans "live" on this fast food, I just had to make my point that the person who made this comment, that americans do not eat right is absolutely telling the truth, thats all.

Oneputt- Hello..and thank you for that information...do they also offer ham, bacon and potatoes with the eggs to order?

You do not have to apologize to those people on these boards that cannot handle the truth.

That is hilarious that you feel the need to inform someone you don't even know that salads at restaurants are thousands of calories. At what point did I state that I thought a grilled chicken salad from JR is healthy? But thank you so much for telling me it is not. Im actually very well informed and in shape. Not only that but about 99% of my diet is paleo and non processed foods and I work out about 8 hours per week. So I guess I eat very little to no gluten either but I don't go around being a snob know it all about it. You are making a crap ton of generalizations and assumptions here. When im on vacation I do break all the rules. I simply stated that one person made a comment about a couple of bags of chips and a hotdog and a couple of you got on a mighty high soapbox there.

Go back and read these posts. A question was asked about favorite places to eat. One person makes a statement about how he/she thinks it is fun to grab chips in one place, soda in another and hot dog in another and have the "lunch of champions". It was said in a light hearted way and answered a question that was asked. The question was asked, was it not? Then look at how 2 of you pounced on this person for the response. If you do not think that was rude and condescending, then I feel sorry for you.

Debbie

Sent from my Iphone 7

Edited by debbs0723

LSSloves thank you, you are so right.

Debb0723- I don't believe you....this is a message board we do not know or care who is in shape or not and I don't care what you look like your diet or how you claim to eat.... but I have every right to give advice and opinions here as I was simply stating facts about the food in Johnny Rockets to the OP, case closed with you!!

First time going on a cruise....

On the Allure soon - Which was your favorite place to eat

Trying to decide which places to eat and when. I'll be travelling with two kids aged 15 and 6. Which places did you prefer to eat for:

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

Which nights were the formal nights?

Thank you all!

Tammy

LSSloves thank you, you are so right.

Debb0723- I don't believe you....this is a message board we do not know or care who is in shape or not and I don't care what you look like your diet or how you claim to eat.... but I have every right to give advice and opinions here as I was simply stating facts about the food in Johnny Rockets to the OP, case closed with you!!

Except that no one asked for your advice on gluten free foods, or even healthy eating. The OP asked for the "favorite" place to eat. Not a dissertation as to the health risk to the the American Public when choosing to eat at a place you deem as being inappropriate.

First time going on a cruise....

Trying to decide which places to eat and when. I'll be travelling with two kids aged 15 and 6. Which places did you prefer to eat for:

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

Which nights were the formal nights?

Thank you all!

Tammy

No single place, so much variety is good.

Breakfast, early in the week Johnny Rocket's. Then later in the week and embarkation day the MDR. Also the Solarium Bistro at least once. In 2011 the Wipeout Cafe wasn't open for breakfast, but in 2013 my cruisemates said it was, will try that in the future.

Lunch - Dog Haus on embarkation day, Park Cafe other days.

Johnny Rockets for breakfast. It's always fresh and good and you get to sit outside. It's just fun! I think we ate there 5 out of our last 7 days on the Allure. We always ordered a fresh pot of coffee to have on the balcony before we left the cabin to walk. (we always went to the track and walked prior to breakfast). In fact there is so much walking in general on the Oasis size class ships, i had lost 2 lbs when I got off the Allure last summer. LOL

Lunch...hmmm...we don't really eat lunch. We occasionally grabbed a croissant sandwich in the Promenade Cafe or if we skipped breakfast, we would go to Park Cafe and get something there around noon time. We are not the type to eat 3 full meals each day so I'm not much help on this one.

Dinner is main dining room or Chops. Neither myself nor my hubby are fans of buffets. I have watched people get their food and it's not sanitary. I just sort of lose my appetite with a buffet. If it's your thing, that's great. We really enjoy the steaks at Chops. We have yet to have a bad meal there! : )

That's the great thing about the Allure; there are SO many options of places to eat. You will be overwhelmed with choices! :D

Have a wonderful cruise! :)

Edited by Esmerelda

Tammy,

You asked what are people's favorite options. You are going to get hundreds of answers that will include healthy vs very unhealthy vacation options. The thread being hijacked by the health police is something you should ignore. I also apologize for putting my .02 in but it gets aggravating to read these boards and try to be helpful from my experience as well as learn from others, while having to put up with online bullies to condescend and put others down just because they share something the others do not agree with food wise. Cruise lines are known to have tons of food. Many, many, many people throw caution to the wind on their diets and enjoy the heck out of cruise food. Nobody should be judged for answering a question like what are your favorite foods on a cruise ship and answering a direct question on cruise critic.

On another note you have teenagers. I'm sure you want to know the places they would like to enjoy as well.

Debbie

Edited by debbs0723

OP why not try each place out, the Allure offers so much variety and you never know where YOU prefer best? I would think the Winjammer give you the most variety/selection...on the other hand, if your into salads you have got to try the Tutti Salad Bar in the MDR (I have only read all good about this salad bar), then the Park Cafe is also nice for a late night snack or even Sorrento's pizza is also open late evenings early am. A lot of people enjoy Johnny Rockets breakfast, I would give that a try also, you have 7 nights and 7 mornings, I think it be fun trying them all out and if one doesn't have what you want at that time, go to another and see what they have. ;)

Debbs just don't read my posts and i love puppies, I am an animal lover.:p

Lunch - Go to promenade deck fill your soda cup and grab the sunflower seed granola bar, then go to Park Café and grab 2 bags of chips. Head up to the Boardwalk and order a bratwurst from the Hot Dog place. Take a seat on the boardwalk and enjoy a lunch for champions. Tried the bratwurst on day 2 or 3 and this was my routine there after. They have 4 or 5 different bratwurst. They are delicious!! They even have bell peppers, onions and sourkraut(sp?).

Soda??? You need to be double fisted with beer - you are on holiday!! LOL - now that's a lunch of champions - can't wait to try it.

I have a question, most of you choose Johnny Rockets (a place that I never would eat at, we don't eat fast food type foods) is the Windjammer breakfast that bad? Don't they offer omelets made to order in the Windjammer, any potatoes, breakast meats?

Another question I have many of you chose the Park Cafe for lunch, a place of just salad and sandwiches mainly...doesn't the windjammer offer meat carvings, a salad bar, hot entree dishes, side dishes and veggies?

When DW and I were on the Freedom of the Seas, we ate in the WJ for breakfast every morning. It was good and yes you could get omelets made to order.

I was on her last week. My favorite places were--
Breakfast- Park Cafe, for their made-to-order bagels
Lunch- Dining room (when open) and Windjammer when it was not.
Dinner- Only ate in the Dining room, except for the night we did the Rita's Fiesta, which I recommend! We had such a good time that night...good food, good service and even some dancing.

Jndsilver I thought the windjammer would have omelet stations, thats great news, thank you for mentioning that. :)

lalalisa, I am so glad you mentioned about Rita's being good, did you go to the fiesta party, if so what is that like? They have marachi band?

Searching for a "like" button!

A cruise is about enjoying yourself. If I want to commit the unforgiveable sin of having a artery clogging cheeseburger, with fries and a shake, so be it! I don't have to do it daily, and can also enjoy the healthier options.
:thumbup::thumbup::

jayblue RCCL cruiser