No Past Guest Incentives & $500 deposit!

falineg

Hey! I just got off the phone with Carnival and they are telling me the deposit is now $500 regardless if you are double or solo?!?! In 2013 I booked myself for $250 and then later added my husband for another $250, and paid out the rest. Then I ask about any Past Guest incentives, and she's just like...no, there's nothing better than the Early Saver. No onboard credit or anything for the booking I'm interested in for Feb 2015. I read from the Carnival flier I received in the mail to the representative and she's just like, sorry that's for bookings from April-November. :mad:

What is going on? What if I book myself online and only pay $250, is it not going to accept it? Kick my booking out of the system? Anyone know. I love cruising but I hate Carnival! Don't get me started on the final payment due 2 1/2 months before sailing.

Edited by falineg

There are certain sales throughout the year with reduced deposits or past guest rates with OBC or pay the same no matter what deck you are on. Check out their site to see what they are currently offering. I usually book online anyways because the people over the phone are very uninformed.

Also- yes they did change the rules on solo booking deposits because exactly what you mentioned. People would book for one and then add another later to avoid the "full" deposit. Seems silly that it would affect them so much since they get all the money eventually. We too booked a cruise using this "scheme".

Carnival stopped allowing a solo deposit about a year (or more) ago. Those who are truly sailing solo have to pay a double deposit--unless they book one of the cruises without a solo supplement.

There are always promotions going on with different perks, but right now they're only good for summer cruises because they're having problems filling the ships while commanding higher prices.

Every cruise line we've used has required final payment 2.5 months ahead of the cruise date. No sure what your point is on this part of your concern. Our final payment to HAL for our June cruise was due March 26th, our final payment to Celebrity for our December cruise is due September 27th.

Edited by PROCRUISE

We booked last month for the 2015 cruise using ES, past guest and 55+. I did a mock booking for my sister on the same deck, ES, no past guest and under 50. Same price as what we are paying right now. No special prices for past guest. Why offer the past guest promotion if there really isn't one.