Norwegian Pearl question....

Traveller20074

at some point, someone here will be going on the Glacier Bay cruise, and I've looked up schedules, and am having difficulty trying to figure out what week it will start. Evidently, the Pearl is in the Caribbean right now, or it was a couple days ago.

Is there a Panama cruise coming up soon, so it ends up in Seattle? (so many ???'s) lol

So, my question is that for the person who does this cruise 1st, who will the entertainment be? :D thanks in advance.

I do not think my cruise will be the 1st one to do this itinerary, but it might be, not sure....

at some point, someone here will be going on the Glacier Bay cruise, and I've looked up schedules, and am having difficulty trying to figure out what week it will start. Evidently, the Pearl is in the Caribbean right now, or it was a couple days ago.

Is there a Panama cruise coming up soon, so it ends up in Seattle? (so many ???'s) lol

So, my question is that for the person who does this cruise 1st, who will the entertainment be? :D thanks in advance.

I do not think my cruise will be the 1st one to do this itinerary, but it might be, not sure....

May 18 is the first sailing, the 25th will be the 2nd per NCL's website. Enjoy your cruise!

I believe the Pearl leaves Miami on her PC re-positioning cruise to Seattle this week. We were booked on that cruise but had to cancel because of a health issue.

18 April starts the journey to the West coast via the Panama canal from Miami and then works its way up the Pacific Coast to Alaska. Alaska cruising season is May to September. At the end of the season, the Pearl (and the Sun and Jewel) will reverse course. We will catch the Pearl in October in San Pedro for her return trip back through the PC to Miami. Bucket list cruise...

18 April starts the journey to the West coast via the Panama canal from Miami and then works its way up the Pacific Coast to Alaska. Alaska cruising season is May to September. At the end of the season, the Pearl (and the Sun and Jewel) will reverse course. We will catch the Pearl in October in San Pedro for her return trip back through the PC to Miami. Bucket list cruise...

Even though we had to cancel this next week PC trip, we have done that cruise on the Pearl twice already. It's a super cruise. Do....do read A Path Between the Seas before you go. It covers the entire history of the canal from the French initial effort in the 1870s until canal completion in 1914. It's a long and detailed book, but really well written, interesting all the way through, and easy to read. It will make the PC so much more interesting to you.

At ncl.com you can see all the sailings for the Pearl. You might want to restrict it to a month or two.

As to entertainment, doubt anybody here knows specifically who/what will be onboard.

that's why I wanted to know when the 1st cruise was...then, they could answer as to who the entertainment is :D I checked out the roll call for that ship, but there's no one posting lately...

Edited by Traveller20074

I believe the Pearl leaves Miami on her PC re-positioning cruise to Seattle this week. We were booked on that cruise but had to cancel because of a health issue.

thanks for answering this, I had looked and it was confusing as to where the ship was...

oh!! you're so lucky to be doing this !

I'm on the pearl for the only 3 day to Bahamas from Miami that I see October 17. There were many more choices to take the sky but the Pearl looked better to me.

you could go on the KISS Kruise on October 31st :p the band has the whole Pearl for this every year. That would be on MY bucket list. Maybe next year lol

Even though we had to cancel this next week PC trip, we have done that cruise on the Pearl twice already. It's a super cruise. Do....do read A Path Between the Seas before you go. It covers the entire history of the canal from the French initial effort in the 1870s until canal completion in 1914. It's a long and detailed book, but really well written, interesting all the way through, and easy to read. It will make the PC so much more interesting to you.

yep, good book. Also reading two others (One was Frommers guide to cruising the canal). Per the March 12th press release, the Pearl will be doing PC cruises round trip from Miami after the end of next years Alaska season. I'm awaiting the release of the South America schedule tomorrow on the Sun so I can start planning the next bucket list cruise in late 2015 or early 2016...

yep, good book. Also reading two others (One was Frommers guide to cruising the canal). Per the March 12th press release, the Pearl will be doing PC cruises round trip from Miami after the end of next years Alaska season. I'm awaiting the release of the South America schedule tomorrow on the Sun so I can start planning the next bucket list cruise in late 2015 or early 2016...

We're already booked on her for a 10 day cruise next Nov. But having her run back and forth on the PC cruise would be nice. More opportunity to pick a convenient schedule for us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Traveller20074 i sure wish we could go again this year but we have a few grandchildren events and the DH is also going on a celebrate his 70th birthday visit friends and family road trip. We loved the Pearl and everyone on board. We had a great CC group which really added to the fun. Are you ready for this the temps landed on the high side during our cruise. If you want I did write a review last year which is part of my signature. Enjoy! Oh yes and don't forget tpo order your Glacier Bay Drink Special the night before!