Grand Princess suite laundry service?

brianlojeck

This is only the 2nd time in my life I've stayed in a full suite on a ship, and the first I'm planning on doing laundry on-board.

Is there anything to be wary of with the complementary laundry service on the Grand? is there a limit to the # of uses, or the amount of clothes you can have washed? A long latency for the service?

Many thanks...

Is there anything to be wary of with the complementary laundry service on the Grand? is there a limit to the # of uses, or the amount of clothes you can have washed? A long latency for the service?

Never encountered any limits. We would put our clothes in a bag, leave it by the door before breakfast and they would be returned late the next day. Is a great service.:)

Sometime the laundry can be heavy-handed with bleach and other chemicals. We always request no bleach and cold water wash. Even so, we still find the occasional tiny hole in a garment.

Lew

Definitely do not send delicates to ship's laundry. Along with Lew we've also seen several small holes, etc in garments sent to the ship's laundry. Not every time, but I wouldn't chance a delicate garment just to be on the safe side.....

Bob

Like Pam we have never had any problems with the ship's laundry and if you are sailing in a full suite you are entitled to "same day service" at no charge.

I would ask you to only send out clothing for passengers actually occupying the suite.

Mike:)

This is only the 2nd time in my life I've stayed in a full suite on a ship, and the first I'm planning on doing laundry on-board.

Many thanks...

The only thing I've found is that the laundry doesn't do well with grease stains. Had spilled from a greasy breakfast sandwich on the plane ride over to our embarkation port and threw the shirt in with the rest of the laundry once on board. Came back with a clean grease stain. :)

One time we ended up missing one of Dad's dress shirts and instead received some woman's small/medium size Tshirt. If you've ever seen me, it's obvious that wouldn't be my shirt. :) Leaving it out with a note to our steward and all was quickly righted. I did end up losing a sock somewhere between sending out the laundry and what came back to the cabin. I like to think of it as a little piece of me is still out there cruising. ;)

Come on! Was that really necessary?

Lew

Given that we have had a whole thread on passengers sending out laundry for others I think it is.

I in no way implied that the OP would do such but they may not be aware of the recent problems with laundry abuse.

Mike:p

Given that we have had a whole thread on passengers sending out laundry for others I think it is.

I in no way implied that the OP would do such but they may not be aware of the recent problems with laundry abuse.

I'm aware of that thread. My DW and I endured the laundry fiasco onboard the Royal TA; however, I would never admonish anyone in advance to send out only their own laundry.

Having said that, you certainly have the right to express your opinion or offer advice in any way to see fit. :)

Lew

Since the OP was asking about the laundry I felt sure that they were not aware of the former thread.

And maybe I should have phrased the post to say that "Princess asks that you only send out laundry for actual occupants of the suite".

Once again I did not mean to imply that the OP would do such.

Obviously I fear that this perk is in danger of disappearing like the free internet.

Sorry for any offense.

Once again I did not mean to imply that the OP would do such.

Obviously I fear that this perk is in danger of disappearing like the free internet.

Sorry for any offense.

I was not offended at all...and I certainly understand where you're coming from with respect to losing a very valuable Elite perk. :)

Lew

We will be staying in a full suite,I know we do get free laundry service, but is the same day laundry service be free too for full suite? :)

Yes it is. Just be sure to mark the block on the form for same day service and then take a pic with your phone so you will have a receipt.

A good idea is to bring some laundry pre-treater for grease stains and treat the garment before putting them in the bag. Have done that for years and the stains have always come out.

Exactly.

You really can't expect them to search each garment for stains.

Yes it is. Just be sure to mark the block on the form for same day service and then take a pic with your phone so you will have a receipt.

Ok, I'm confused now. We are booked for a PH Suite on the Star for January 2015 and I received the following from my Princess Vacation Planner when I specifically asked that question since we are also Elite.

Also, I did ask about "express" laundry service. This service does have a

charge of 50% of what the normal laundry services would cost. No special deals

for Suite/Elite. However, if you ask your cabin steward, he should be able to get your laundry back sooner.

Edited by cflutist