Pacific Pearl April 16 2014 - change of wharf

HI, I hope everyone going on this cruise has been contacted by P & O.

The departure wharf is now white bay - I am very unhappy as circular quay is just so easy to get to. Looks like I will have to use a taxi despite my reluctance to take my 2 young grandkids in a taxi in Sydney. Seems there is no other option I can work out at this late stage. Taxi from airport to white bay quotes at about $60 - $65 whereas public transport totals $16 for the group of 4.

There is a bus service via Victoria Road from railway square, but it is a pretty solid walk to the dock. I don't know that I would try it again. The Government really needs to do better.

Steve.

HI, I hope everyone going on this cruise has been contacted by P & O.

The departure wharf is now white bay - I am very unhappy as circular quay is just so easy to get to. Looks like I will have to use a taxi despite my reluctance to take my 2 young grandkids in a taxi in Sydney. Seems there is no other option I can work out at this late stage. Taxi from airport to white bay quotes at about $60 - $65 whereas public transport totals $16 for the group of 4.

Some are saying it's because William & Mary will be in town!

We've booked http://www.towncars.com

Quoted $63 for the trip from Sydney Domestic Airport to the Terminal.

Hope the weather's good in Sydney tomorrow!:confused:

Edited by gaechann

Thanks Gaechann I will have a look at towncars. Had decided to just grab a cab for us or see if anyone else is at the airport is wanting to share a maxi cab when we got there, but I do prefer to have it all arranged particularly when travelling with little ones.

See you on board,

We are just off the Pearl today and had to dock at White Bay as we were an hour late arriving in Sydney due to rough weather caused by Cyclone Ita. As there is a curfew evidently on ships docking at OPT between 7am and 10am due to the peak time for ferries arriving at Circular Quay, the decision was made to to go to White Bay instead otherwise the earliest next time the Pearl could dock would be 10am at OPT. I would assume that this decision was made so that the many interstate passengers could still make their flights on time.

That's interesting but doesn't quite make sense as we were advised on 14th of the change of location to board from OPT to white bay. How would they know 2 days ahead that they would be delayed for an hour? Do I understand by your post that up until arrival time you were expecting to dock at OPT?

For anyone in the same situation as myself, we found a chap hanging around the luggage carousal with a clipboard trying to pick up passengers to take to white bay. His price varied from $25 per person to $15 per person depending on how he felt.

despite my reluctance to take my 2 young grandkids in a taxi in Sydney

Why would that be?

As others have point out if you are concerned about a public taxi organise a

"Hire Car" style taxi - $63 is a good price to get 4 people from the airport to White Bay

I'm not sure how you'd get there for $16 total on public transport - that's sounds like a lot of walking with baggage to connect....

We were told early Tuesday morning (15th) in an announcement by Captain Herriott that due to the rough seas (strong currents as well) we were encountering and would continue to encounter that it would be extremely unlikely that we would make it to Sydney on time to dock at OPT. Tuesday night and through the early hours of Wednesday morning it was quite roller coaster conditions. If you were told on the 14th, evidently the decision was made earlier than we were told that PP would dock at White Bay. It was a slight inconvenience for us but why spoil a great holiday by sweating the small stuff?