HELP with the ship movement

golfer1903

O.K. so my family of four as only been on one cruise on the sensation. when we booked it we were told and read on here first cruise not sure if you get motion sick and want quit get an interior room in the mid ship area. so we di not problem.

now were booked ocean view room on freedon also in the mid. ( help with non moovement).

current carnival promotion I can bet a balcony room for 100 less then I paying for the ocean view room BUT they pick my room. My bet is its in fromnt or back of the ship. SO how much movement to you really get or noise on the freedom.

I know it depends on the waves and such but just in general.

thanks

O.K. so my family of four as only been on one cruise on the sensation. when we booked it we were told and read on here first cruise not sure if you get motion sick and want quit get an interior room in the mid ship area. so we di not problem.

now were booked ocean view room on freedon also in the mid. ( help with non moovement).

current carnival promotion I can bet a balcony room for 100 less then I paying for the ocean view room BUT they pick my room. My bet is its in fromnt or back of the ship. SO how much movement to you really get or noise on the freedom.

thanks

You will likely feel more motion and of course the rougher it is the more you will feel. When you were on Sensation did you not go to areas of the ship that were located forward or aft (for instance the show lounge or serenity)? Did you feel anything? That's what to expect.

I get motion sickness and I can't do an inside cabin. Being able to see the movement is important to my inner ear balance. I typically get an aft balcony and I'm fine. It all depends on why you get motion sick. I'm still prone to feeling motion in places like the dining room or show lounge where I can't see out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the last two cruises my husband and I just get our Doc to write a prescription for scopolamine patches. Put one behind your ear the night before embarkation. Change once during a 7 day. No sea sickness. Honestly though, we have never noticed any movement to speak of. Good luck.

Getting a guaranteed balcony cabin, even if it is in a less than desirable location, may be better for motion sickness than an ocean view because you can walk outside and get fresh air.

Our last cruise was ocean view, low in the mid-ship. With some rough weather you could really feel her moving around. That is the first time on a cruise that I felt uneasy with the movement and I would have felt more comfortable being able to go outside.

But a guaranteed cabin is a crap shoot. You never know where you are going to land but we have had good luck with it on other cruises.

We take Meclazine tabs to prevent seasickness.

Both of us are prone to is. DH needs 2 a day and I take one a day to prevent it but everyone is different.

Folks who don't get seasick may have all sorts of ideas and remedies for how to deal with it but for us prevention is the BEST remedy!

Everyone is different...I normally do get motion sick /sea sick...but never ever on a cruise! I know it's weird but I haven't. I do take pills with me just in case but we've had many different rooms either OV or Bal in different spots on ship and I've been fine.

I do always take bonine/meclazine too but it doesn't stop me from feeling motion or having motion issues when I first wake up. I'm not willing to stop taking bonine to test sea bands though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We take Meclazine tabs to prevent seasickness.

Both of us are prone to is. DH needs 2 a day and I take one a day to prevent it but everyone is different.

Folks who don't get seasick may have all sorts of ideas and remedies for how to deal with it but for us prevention is the BEST remedy!

Been doing this since day 1 of our first cruise. I haven't ever felt motion sickness and do it now out of prevention and being scared to change something that has been working.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

With the new promotion, I'm not even thinking about the movement, I'm worried if we switch I'll get stuck on a floor and be underneath a club with thumping bass until 3 am. I've decided it's not worth the risk, I'll stick with what we have.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I get terrible motion sickness, to the point that I can't ride in the backseat of a vehicle and too long as a passenger in the front seat also makes me sick. I take 2 Bonine right away in the morning, and 1 Dramamine at night to sleep. I start this before we leave home, because we drive from South Dakota to New Orleans!

I didn't have a balcony but an inside with picture window. Glory 7201 (Riiiiight at the front of the boat)

thankfully, I do not get seasick. Which is great, because there was a LOT of movement. My hubby fell over while putting pant on one day lol

(plus, for a day after debarking I was kind of sideways. Don't know if that's normal or not)

But the real question is do you think you feel more movement in the front then in the middle we were on one cruise in the middle and no one got sick but how much more movement do you feel up front

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

But the real question is do you think you feel more movement in the front then in the middle we were on one cruise in the middle and no one got sick but how much more movement do you feel up front

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I'll put it this way- I was stationed on an aircraft carrier and the only time I ever felt any movement was when I was all the way up forward and of course the rougher the weather the more movement that I felt. It never bothered me because I had earned my sea legs on a smaller vessel.

Just got off of my cruise days ago. We had a forward balcony cabin on the lido deck. I have always been prone to sea sickness, but this cruise I actually didn't take anything after the first day and I was perfectly fine. I took it the first day just because I didn't know I was going to be ok. You feel a little motion, but nothing crazy. After having this room, I'm always going to book in this area in the future.

I didn't have a balcony but an inside with picture window. Glory 7201 (Riiiiight at the front of the boat)

thankfully, I do not get seasick. Which is great, because there was a LOT of movement. My hubby fell over while putting pant on one day lol

(plus, for a day after debarking I was kind of sideways. Don't know if that's normal or not)

It's semi-normal. Happens to some people.

Edited by CoconutJD

thanks

The one time I let them pick my room, I was midship in deck 8.

I've been in the front, I've been in the back, and I've been sideways. When the seas are glass, the whole ship is calm. When the seas are choppy, the stabilizers are in action. It you're cruising through rough seas, it doesn't matter where you are. Luckily the latter is in the minority.

I always get sick if I go forward on the ship....midship and aft I am fine....I do the Bonine and wear the SeaBands and that is what helps me...we were actually in a forward cabin, Lido on the cruise before last and I was doing pretty good....decided about the 3rd night to take my seabands off before I went to sleep....went sound aslepp and about an hour later I woke up out of a dead sleep sick...reached above my head to get my Sea Bands while hubby got water and a Bonine for me...put Sea Bands on and took the Bonine...before I could even get the Bonine down good, I already felt back to normal, from just putting on the bands...I swear by them now....they worked that fast!!!!! We are in an aft wrap on the next cruise and I will see how the back of the ship works for me as far as sleeping goes.

I'd say go for the balcony, I just make sure my significant other wears sea bands the first few days until he gets his sea legs, Works for us. He gets motion sick, in cars, on amusement park rides, planes, so before a trip I stick them on him and no problems (and no side effects cause its not a drug!)

I guess there really is no right or wrong. You just have to find what works for you. I am a sea sick sufferer and posted here before that with a forward balcony I didn't have to take any meds, but others have posted they got sick in the front.

I've also had a mid ship balcony and still had to take meds.. I've also done a ocean view and had to take meds, and I've done an interior and took meds. I;ve been on the top of the ship, middle of the ship and bottom and all had to take meds. Forward is the only time I didn't have to take anything.. but that's what worked for ME. Trial and error is what I would say.