Chef's Dinner on Dawn

ciscodog

Hi-

We have never been on the Dawn before and we would like to sign up for the Chef's dinner. I think you have to sign up on board but I don't know where.

Can someone help me with the location and how to get there? (deck etc)

Thanks!

Noreen

You have to contact the restaurant reservation desk (they are usually close to the guest relations in the Atrium) as soon as you are on board - but remember that it is usually only 12 seats available for the Chef's Table Dinner and it is "first come first served".... So the earlier you are on board the ship on embarkation day the better are your chances. And if for some reason you get the answer that it is full already, then ask them to put you on a waiting list. We have done the Chef's Table Dinner twice - the first time we were actually having dinner in Moderno when the MD asked us if we would like to participate at the CTD the next day (this was in 2012 when it was a new concept and not many people knew about it). The second time was in 2013 - we were on board around noon, and that was too late, no more seats for the Chef's Dinner available. But we asked them to write our names on a waiting list, and that is what others also did - and they ended up doing TWO CTD's on that cruise because of the "high demand"..... ;) But that was on a 10 days cruise, I don't know if they would do that on shorter cruises like 7 days.

Edited by TrumpyNOR

Thanks for the reply! We are hoping to get on early and will try to get reservations right away!

I hope you get to enjoy it - it is delicious and in my opinion totally worth the price! :)

Chef_s_Table_dinner.jpg

Edited by TrumpyNOR

Really hoping to do this on our Dawn cruise to Bermuda in June! We were signed up for it on our last Gem cruise, but it was cancelled for LACK of interest because most of the ship were Kosher passengers that week. We were so bummed. We're sailing in the GV so although you can't book ahead of time, I heard that you can have the pre-cruise concierge note it as a preference for your onboard concierge.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Really hoping to do this on our Dawn cruise to Bermuda in June! We were signed up for it on our last Gem cruise, but it was cancelled for LACK of interest because most of the ship were Kosher passengers that week. We were so bummed. We're sailing in the GV so although you can't book ahead of time, I heard that you can have the pre-cruise concierge note it as a preference for your onboard concierge.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I also heard the same thing. That exact situation happened to us on our last 2 sailings that we wanted to do The Chef's Table, lack of interest and they cancelled them :mad: UGH!!!! I'm hoping The Getaway has a more foodie and winy clientele..lol