Arcadia 16 May 2014; St Petersberg Tours

Travellingtaff

As we have rather a large amount of OBC, we were hoping to spend a good part of it on one of the 2-day shore tours at St Petersburg.

Sadly, according to the P&O pre-cruise information brochure, these tours can only be booked prior to the start of the cruise, so we can't use our OBC.

So we were thinking of booking 2 one-day tours when we get on board.

Does anyone know if, in general, there is usually plenty of availability for St Petersburg tours to be booked in once on board, or are on board booking possibilities quite limited?

Thanks

TT

I would guess that the reason for the pre-booking may well be because of the visa necessary to enter Russia. Whether you book on a P&O tour or an independent company they will need your passport details in order to obtain a visa for the group. I would imagine all this is sorted for the visa before the cruise takes place. I'm only guessing but I'd think this may be the case.

I would guess that the reason for the pre-booking may well be because of the visa necessary to enter Russia. Whether you book on a P&O tour or an independent company they will need your passport details in order to obtain a visa for the group. I would imagine all this is sorted for the visa before the cruise takes place. I'm only guessing but I'd think this may be the case.

Yes, possibly, but for most of the tours they don't stipulate that it's essential to book pre-cruise. So, by implication, we should be able to book on board provided there's space. Just wondering if anyone had had any previous experience of this.

No visa is actually issued. Official tours, both ship and land based tours are granted a visa waiver.

You have to show your tour ticket when passing through immigration.

Brian

Edited by BrianI