Chef Table and travelling solo

cpcanuck

Hi, I have posted this query under the solo section of this site as well, but thought I would ask here.

Is it possible for a solo traveller to secure one seat at the Chef Table? Has anyone tried this or had any success? I realize there is limited seating and you have to be jolly on the spot at the reservation desk on embarkation day, etc. etc.

But will they reserve only one seat?

Thanks!

There is no requirement to book this as a couple, so if there are places available, they will let you book just one. Similarly if you have a group of 3 or 5. If by the end they have sold 11 spots, and one last couple wants to book, they can easily decide to enlarge the group to 13.

When we did the Chef's Table with Geoffrey Zakarian, we were three women together and they asked if we minded if a solo man joined us. He explained his wife had no interest in the dinner but he really wanted to do it. So I would think it would work the same with the regular Chef's Table. First come, first serve.

Edited by peg013

When we did the Chef's Table with Geoffrey Zakarian, we were three women together and they asked if we minded if a solo man joined us. He explained his wife had no interest in the dinner but he really wanted to do it. So I would think it would work the same with the regular Chef's Table. First come, first serve.

Are you talking about Ocean Blue?

Hi CP,

I've dined at the Chef's Table on the Star and the Breakaway as a solo. No problem making a reservation for one and there were a few other solos participating as well. I highly recommend -- great meal, terrific service and both times my dining companions have been wonderful. It's like the dinner party I wish I could pull off on my own!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is absolutely great news! Now to see if I can get to the reservation desk in time to sign up on day 1. I'm excited! You have all made my day.

I'm doing a b2b so I'm hoping I can sign up for one of the two weeks (assuming they do the Chef's Table both weeks - can't see why not as many book each week separately).

Thanks for the quick responses! :)

That is absolutely great news! Now to see if I can get to the reservation desk in time to sign up on day 1. I'm excited! You have all made my day.

I'm doing a b2b so I'm hoping I can sign up for one of the two weeks (assuming they do the Chef's Table both weeks - can't see why not as many book each week separately).

Thanks for the quick responses! :)

If for some reason you did not get in on the first week I am quite sure they will put you to the front of the list for the second week. There is absolutely no reason why they would not. Also I have heard that if there is a lot of interest and if it is possible they will do more than one on a particular cruise.

Rochelle

If for some reason you did not get in on the first week I am quite sure they will put you to the front of the list for the second week. There is absolutely no reason why they would not. Also I have heard that if there is a lot of interest and if it is possible they will do more than one on a particular cruise.

Rochelle

That's good to know; thanks Rochelle.

I will definitely try to do that.