Recent Cruisers - Bombarded with "Happy"?

That's Julie Valeriote, she was the Cruise Director until Sinan came onboard in the beginning of April. I don't remember seeing Sinan, will have to look again.
Ah ok. I figured she had to be someone important. I thought I saw a brief shot of Sinan, it looked like it was taken during one of the late night parties at Spice H20. But I could be wrong.

After reading the previous posts, I'm going on You Tube and listen to "Southern Cross" by Crosby,Stills & Nash. Great nautical/sailing tune.

That "Southern Cross" is my all time favorite for getting in cruise mode. Even if I stay in the northern hemisphere.

Any Bob Marley tune gets me thinking about it too. Just 'cause thats Caribbean to me.

I don't hear "Happy" very often (now), so it does not bother me. When I hear it 200 times in a week, my views may be different.

• 3 weeks later...

how about "Sailing" by Christopher Cross. (Yes, I'm dating myself.)

That song reminds me of a time when we rented sailboats in the Caribbean with friends, long before we began cruising. It was a younger time, a carefree time. We sailed to Christopher Cross and Jimmy Buffet, and had a cassette tape player on the boat with a mix of "sailing songs." Might try to put together another one on iTunes - from this board. Although Pharrell's Happy will not be included. (Did you know he is over 40 years old himself?)

Mary

Seattle

I love "Happy"--it always makes me want to dance--and I always smile when I hear it. There is a video made by a cruising family--with this song--that is really cute.

Cheer up folks--life is short!

Really...you haven't heard it played in every store you've gone into lately and all over the TV too.

I can say I have only probably heard it a couple of times but I can't stand it. I saw part of an interview with the singer and they played a part of it. Did not like the sound at all. She is probably like me. I can't tell you when the last time I have been in a store that would play it. Probably Christmas and then it is Christmas music. I also don't have TV so I guess I am blessed.

Hi

Ah ok. I figured she had to be someone important. I thought I saw a brief shot of Sinan, it looked like it was taken during one of the late night parties at Spice H20. But I could be wrong.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

The Happy video played in the NCL channels in the staterooms. And yes, that lady is Julie.

I was on the Getaway week of 4/26 and was expecting that song to he overplayed but it was less than expected. My last cruise Blurred Lines was overplayed and it took me a while to enjoy the song again.

The NCL version of Happy was played on the final farewell show.

http://Youtu.be./BNbF8wpwP6A

Edited by JCJR

I was kind of disappointed in the lack of the song actually. I heard it maybe 4 or 5 times total in the 7 days, and every time I heard it, I got Happy :-) every time I hear this song from now on, it'll take me back to the trip of a lifetime! Had such a great cruise on the GA! Working on my review tonight now that things are getting back to "normal"

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk