Recent Cruisers - Bombarded with "Happy"?

Some days these boards make it clear I live under a rock.

I have no idea what this song sounds like.

I think I'm going to leave it that way.

Excellent choice. I only know it because I have a 13 year old daughter that likes pop music.

That Pharrell song "Happy" is starting to have the opposite affect on me. I'm curious as to whether recent sailings have this song on a continual loop. :eek:

Yesterday, I had 3 quick errands, and each store I went into had that song on. Its driving me crazy.

We sailed a million years ago for our Honeymoon and the Macarena just came out. Goodness - it was EVERYWHERE. I feel that this will happen with Happy. :(

Yep, it's becoming as common as Margaritaville, the Cupid Shuffle and Hot, Hot, Hot. I just got off of a 15-nighter with a different cruise line, and they played it. Over and over. Every. Day. It did make me want to dance at first, but by the end of the second week, I never wanted to hear it again. And, of course, since I've returned home I've been hearing it on every radio station I turn to. :-\

I liked the song before my cruise, heard it during the cruise, and now when I hear it, it reminds me of my cruise, so... it makes me HAPPY.

I like the video that Norwegian put together that they filmed on Getaway some time in February or early March. I see Cruise Director Sinan in one clip, and I think that's Assistant Cruise Director "Jersey Boy" Joel dancing with the lady in the blue dress on the Waterfront.

I was trying to figure out if the blonde lady in the Vibe Beach Club (?) near some little pool and waterfall is a guest or crew. Also, does anyone recognize the lady dancing with Jersey Boy? And who is the guy in the green shirt that starts off the video?

That Pharrell song "Happy" is starting to have the opposite affect on me. I'm curious as to whether recent sailings have this song on a continual loop. :eek:

Yesterday, I had 3 quick errands, and each store I went into had that song on. Its driving me crazy.

We sailed a million years ago for our Honeymoon and the Macarena just came out. Goodness - it was EVERYWHERE. I feel that this will happen with Happy. :(

Funny you should mention this since this song has been stuck in my head all day.....I can't seem to shake the stupid thing.

Really...you haven't heard it played in every store you've gone into lately and all over the TV too.

Really...you haven't heard it played in every store you've gone into lately and all over the TV too.
Or at the Oscars? It's Pharrell's song from the movie "Despicable Me 2", and when he did the live performance, he got off the stage and danced along the front row and some stars chose to spontaneously join in. Lupita N'yongo looked ethereal when she got up and danced, I was embarrassed for Meryl Streep when she shook her breasts at him, and Amy Adams stood and sexed it up. After he got back up on stage, Jamie Foxx must have felt left out because he and his daughter got up there too.

I barely go to stores, my wife even buys most of my cloths. I do not watch TV.

I wasn't kidding, I live under a rock.

Or at the Oscars? It's Pharrell's song from the movie "Despicable Me 2", and when he did the live performance, he got off the stage and danced along the front row and some stars chose to spontaneously join in. Lupita N'yongo looked ethereal when she got up and danced, I was embarrassed for Meryl Streep when she shook her breasts at him, and Amy Adams stood and sexed it up. After he got back up on stage, Jamie Foxx must have felt left out because he and his daughter got up there too.

Havn't seen Dispicable Me 2 yet. lol

Happy is an international cultural mega hit and I think it has a different impact if you hear it on the lido deck with 500 cruisers singing and dancing while you are enjoying your DOTD, as oppose to driving to work by yourself on a Monday morning commute sitting in traffic

I actually feel sorry for the artist because he will never release another song that will top Happy

Like all things, be patient, Happy will play out and be replaced by another song that you will learn to hate thru repitition...be happy it's not Rap music :rolleyes:

Also, even if you can't dance...everyone can move in their own little pattern with Happy....I am sure each CD will gladly sell you a CD of your cruise week, with Happy on it showing both guests and crew dancing

In moderation it's actually a REALLY good song, just as "Don't Worry Be Happy" was back in the 80s. But like with other songs, too much is a bad thing. I mean, I'd probably be a bigger fan of the Eagles if radio hadn't played "Hotel California" ad nauseam throughout my childhood. Masterpiece or not, I've had way more than my fill. (Same with Zep and "Stairway").

You are not the only one. Looks like I need to change my radio station so I can hear what the fuss is all about!

....Also, does anyone recognize the lady dancing with Jersey Boy? And who is the guy in the green shirt that starts off the video?

That's Julie Valeriote, she was the Cruise Director until Sinan came onboard in the beginning of April. I don't remember seeing Sinan, will have to look again.

Havn't seen Dispicable Me 2 yet. lol

It's a cute little movie. Saw it on the plane on the way to a cruise. Love the song too although it does get into your head though. LOL

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk