is Platinum check in reallly all the special??

lissa42886

When we boarded in Miami in March, everyone in the lounge boarded at the same time. Didn't matter if you were Platinum/Diamond, Suite guests or FTTF, as soon as the ship was cleared for boarding everyone was led onto the ship at the same time.

Everyone in the lounge does board at the same time but I have never been in a platinum and diamond lounge that allowed faster to the fun people to enter. Usually they only allow the diamond and platinum passengers to come in. They usually have a separate line out in the main terminal for faster to the fun.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Edited by Jana60

Everyone in the lounge does board at the same time but I have never been in a platinum and diamond lounge that allowed faster to the fun people to enter. Usually they only allow the diamond and platinum passengers to come in. They usually have a separate line out in the main terminal for faster to the fun.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Well that explains it. As there were so many people waiting in the lounge I guessed FTTF were in there as well. I guess our cruise just had a large number of Platinum/Diamonds.

It depends when you arrive at the port. If you arrive early (by 11am) then no , it is no big deal, because everyone gets checked in very quickly and on board about the same exact time. IF you come a bit later to the port THEN you will get on much quicker then the reg lines and while waiting to get processed you have comfortable seating while waiting for your name to be called.

It is nice to get your luggage delivered quickly and to be able to access your room upon boarding and the chocolate plate delivered one of the nights before dinner is nice too and our little gifts are always nice to receive as well :) Priority tendering (when boat is not docked at a port). Free 2 bags of laundry per person , is nice too ( but only for garments you don't care too much about , because it is clean but not for delicates or special items.

Well I gave you much more info then you asked but I was on a run!!

Going out of Tampa last week, I didn't get a placard to show for boarding as Platinum, just used my S&S card. They take your picture when you check in now too so that doesn't slow down the line boarding.

If you want to sign up for the Behind the Fun tour, getting on early might be important.

I really like dropping off my stuff as soon as I board. Too bad there is no ice until much later....maybe a $10 fee for FTTI is next?

We were in the lounge in Miami a couple of years ago and when boarding for Platinum/Diamond began, everyone went at the same time. The FTFF people pushed their way to the front of the line and no one stopped them. It is my understanding that it's Diamond first, then Platinum, then FTFF. That is the order it went the next time we went out of Miami. Guess it depends on the person taking you.

I think that Platinum embarkation is definitely worth it! In most ports, there is a private lounge with drinks and sometimes cookies. It is very relaxing and you get on the ship very quickly. Also being able to drop off your luggage early is a great bonus. We arrive at the port very early but once they start boarding we are the first ones on after wedding parties of course. The only time we had a problem was our 16 day Panama Canal cruise. There were so many Platinum and Diamond members that it took quite a while for all of us to board.

My last cruise it was about an 1.5 hour wait to the security checkpoint. Then you had to wait to check in and then wait for your zone to be called.

We arrived at at 12:15 and were on the ship at 12:45.

My brother and SIL (not platinum) arrived at 11 am and were given zone 37. They were still waiting for their zone to be called at 12:35ish when we walked by to board.

Last year when boarding the Breeze in Miami, we were in a separate lounge than the FTTF people. But they didn't separate the Diamond from the Platinum. Then then led us to where we were to board. All of a sudden it came to a complete halt as a lot of people in the general area started to push their way into the line. Then they started checking to make sure you had priority on your paper work. Some people that had FTTF said they should be on first, but were told to wait.

I was just happy to get to take our carry-ons to the cabin and not have to take them up to the Lido deck while we had lunch. It was nice for all 3 of us to get our lunches at the same time instead of 1 person having to watch the luggage while the other 2 got their food.

Sharon

people seem to be super keen on NEEDING that platinum check in.. but why ??

on the cruises i have been on i have never had to wait in any kind of extraordinary line for security or check in.. it was always quick and breezy.. maybe 15 mins security... and just a few in front of me for check in.. i swear i have alays been on the ship in about an hour ..

I have always said that Priority Check In is a benefit when you have arrived after 4 buses from the Airport or IF there is a delay due to fog etc where everyone is arriving at the same time.