An "average" flight cost in January?

TropicalIslandGirl1981

@Tropicalisland- Have you booked your ticket? I hope so. I came across a saved search and noticed the $282 fare went away Tuesday afternoon. Now, everything leaving the Thursday before and returning the Monday after the cruise is $325+ with very inconvenient schedules. Let us know how it turned out

No not yet. No ones budging. But however I did see the airfare Dropped down to $240 with a few adjustments. Messing with the dates a little. I have three weeks vacation to use. So I may just spread some time around to save a little on flights

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

No not yet. No ones budging. But however I did see the airfare Dropped down to $240 with a few adjustments. Messing with the dates a little. I have three weeks vacation to use. So I may just spread some time around to save a little on flights

I noticed the $240 fare on AA...there was some major inconvenience that I don't recall. But if you have the flexibility on travel dates and don't mind strange departure times, taking low-demand flights is a good way to save. That said, the $240 fare is a short-lived deal; don't set your target pricing unrealistically low. :)

Oh I won't :-)

Just going to wait it out a bit until southwest and JetBlue comes out with their schedules. I still have 9 months to go.

Since no ones in agreement on what they want to do, I won't wait around if I find a great price. We will all make it down one way or another. Whether we're all on the same plane or not. I can't be held accountable for people not getting their acts together.

Just going to wait it out a bit until southwest and JetBlue comes out with their schedules. I still have 9 months to go.

Since no ones in agreement on what they want to do, I won't wait around if I find a great price.

Why are you going to wait it out? By the time that Southwest and jetBlue start bookings, the prices may already have gone up from current levels, so that they will then be more expensive than fares are now. That's an occurrence which has been repeatedly noted here.

So you need to ask yourself very carefully why you are waiting. If it is because of a belief that Southwest and jetBlue fares will then be cheaper than current fares are now, you may get an unpleasant surprise.

And you also need to ask yourself this: What is your pricing target? At what price will you buy?

I noticed the $240 fare on AA...there was some major inconvenience that I don't recall. But if you have the flexibility on travel dates and don't mind strange departure times, taking low-demand flights is a good way to save. That said, the $240 fare is a short-lived deal; don't set your target pricing unrealistically low. :)

I'm going in October, not January, but Southwest's lowest price for the time I want to get home is $239.00 one way. I would kill for $240.00 round trip.

I did see the airfare Dropped down to $240 with a few adjustments.

Just going to wait it out a bit until southwest and JetBlue comes out with their schedules.

Since no ones in agreement on what they want to do, I won't wait around if I find a great pric.... Whether we're all on the same plane or not. I can't be held accountable for people not getting their acts together.

I'm confused then. You've decided you don't all have to be on the same flight, and said you won't wait around if you find a great price..... yet you passed on $240 when everyone is telling you that's a great price to Florida in January. ???

It's difficult to find unanimity on any topic posted to this board. But you're receiving unanimous advice from very experienced flyers (and I'm not close to being in the same league as several who have responded):

* Anything below $300 is excellent for your route and date of travel. If the undesirable aspects of the $240 AA fare are acceptable to you, it's an unbeatable deal.

* Fares come, then go away permanently without warning.

* My personal speculation is the $240 fare will disappear tomorrow (Friday) by mid-day central time if it hasn't disappeared already. FYI, the next cheapest far has increased from $360 to $390 unless you're willing to arrive home to a different airport, have 6+ hour connecting times, etc.

Your string of stalling tactics (just pointing it out) is perplexing. That's your business of course, except that you've asked for advice and others with tons of experience have responded with a boatload of quality advice.

Take everyone's recommendation on the $240 fare...going on a computer isn't going to change things a bit, except that the wait will probably cost you $150. Hope this knocks things back on-track and you get the $240 fare.

Edited by kenish

It's difficult to find unanimity on any topic posted to this board. But you're receiving unanimous advice from very experienced flyers (and I'm not close to being in the same league as several who have responded):

* Anything below $300 is excellent for your route and date of travel. If the undesirable aspects of the $240 AA fare are acceptable to you, it's an unbeatable deal.

* Fares come, then go away permanently without warning.

* My personal speculation is the $240 fare will disappear tomorrow (Friday) by mid-day central time if it hasn't disappeared already. FYI, the next cheapest far has increased from $360 to $390 unless you're willing to arrive home to a different airport, have 6+ hour connecting times, etc.

Your string of stalling tactics (just pointing it out) is perplexing. That's your business of course, except that you've asked for advice and others with tons of experience have responded with a boatload of quality advice.

Take everyone's recommendation on the $240 fare...going on a computer isn't going to change things a bit, except that the wait will probably cost you $150. Hope this knocks things back on-track and you get the $240 fare.

It's not that I'm using a stalling tactic at all. Just looking through options.

I went on last night to grab the $240 fare last night because I know that's a great deal and it wasn't there anymore either. I looked 3 times for it and now I cannot find it.

Your right I should have grabbed it when I saw it.

I'll figure it out.

Yeah I'm just as confused. Lol

I'll figure it out at some point. Just thinking I want to view all of my options. I think I need to get on an actual computer and look through everything. Being on a cell phone searching has its restrictions.

ITA Matrix has a smartphone app for both apple and android. free