LOWER pullman bed?

Ok... I hate posting a new thread when there are so many others, but I still can't find my answer...

Traveling with my 4-year-old on the FOS Nov 30. Booked a room that says 3rd and 4th Pullman beds available (cabin 1561 if that helps).

After reading other forums I became concerned that a Pullman wouldn't work for my son. Called RCI, and they said our room has two twin beds and an upper Pullman and a lower Pullman. Can't find pics of this lower Pullman anywhere and another CC member said the "lower Pullman" is the twin beds. This is not what RCI told me, so now I'm really worried/confused.

Anyone ever seen a "lower" Pullman? Pics of FOS cabins with Pullman would also be greatly appreciated...:confused:

Ok... I hate posting a new thread when there are so many others, but I still can't find my answer...

Traveling with my 4-year-old on the FOS Nov 30. Booked a room that says 3rd and 4th Pullman beds available (cabin 1561 if that helps).

After reading other forums I became concerned that a Pullman wouldn't work for my son. Called RCI, and they said our room has two twin beds and an upper Pullman and a lower Pullman. Can't find pics of this lower Pullman anywhere and another CC member said the "lower Pullman" is the twin beds. This is not what RCI told me, so now I'm really worried/confused.

Anyone ever seen a "lower" Pullman? Pics of FOS cabins with Pullman would also be greatly appreciated...:confused:

The RCI person on the phone does not know what s/he is talking about.

Both beds fold down out of the ceiling.

You have a few choices:

1. One of the parents sleeps in the Pullman bed, giving your son a twin bed on the floor.

2. Put the mattress from the Pullman bed on the floor for your son.

3. There should be a small sofa in the cabin. Turn it around so that it faces the wall. That makes a nice safe little cubby for your son to sleep in.

shp_br_int-state_sch_379.jpg

Edited by Merion_Mom

I've never seen a lower Pullman. We were on FOS in Sept an inside room for 4 and just had the twin beds they can put together and the Pullmans down from the ceiling. Honestly if you had the twin beds together and the child would fall out of bed (even though there are rails on the side) they won't have far to fall and will have a soft landing your bed or you! You could also block the end where they climb up with a suitcase or something similar and I can't imagine it would be a problem.

The only stateroom I am aware of that has a configuration that could be described as a "lower" Pullman is the Family Ocean View stateroom, which has an upper and lower bed in the second "bunk" room. But clearly that is not 1561, so whoever described that to you is definitely wrong as other posters have mentioned.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

The RCI person on the phone does not know what s/he is talking about.

Both beds fold down out of the ceiling.

You have a few choices:

1. One of the parents sleeps in the Pullman bed, giving your son a twin bed on the floor.

2. Put the mattress from the Pullman bed on the floor for your son.

3. There should be a small sofa in the cabin. Turn it around so that it faces the wall. That makes a nice safe little cubby for your son to sleep in.

shp_br_int-state_sch_379.jpg

These are great suggestions, but the cabin is so small I can't imagine having the Pullman mattress on the floor. I really like your suggestion for the love seat/sofa.