Why did Carnival do away with the Sushi?

adamt

I've seen a number of folks lament over the Sushi Bar going away.

I know it wasn't the best Sushi in the world, but we all really enjoyed hitting this up before an early dinner. I'm sure cost was to blame, but I consistently see people wishing they would bring the Sushi back. It's so popular at the moment, I'm not sure why it was done away with. It was a great value add, in my opinion.

Any chance this we may see this come back?

it's been a few months as I understand it. My last cruise, it was replaced with something else, maybe a coffee bar. I was pretty disappointed. It's rare that I can load a tray up with as much pickled ginger was I want. I could eat that stuff for days.

What does the Taste Bar entail? Is that a wine tasting, a tappas bar? Is there an up charge for this? Anyone have any pictures?

They serve a different sample from a different carnival restaurant each night that the taste bar is open. I can't recall if they had it every night.

The one night I remember they had meatballs from the new italian specialty restaurant.

Its free but its not nearly as good or as popular as the sushi bar was. I am sure that with the new sushi restaurants (for a fee) coming on board that the sushi bars are never coming back..

Maybe I'm spoiled by living in a city with good. fresh sushi, but I don't know how anyone ate the sushi Carnival served and loved it so much. I never want to eat sushi I can smell from 50 yards away.

I'm a sushi SNOB, I live in LA. But when trapped at sea, being the junkie that I am, I'll take what I can get.

I guess I'd better stop for sushi on my way to the ship in August!!!:D

I know it wasn't the best Sushi in the world, but we all really enjoyed hitting this up before an early dinner. I'm sure cost was to blame, but I consistently see people wishing they would bring the Sushi back. It's so popular at the moment, I'm not sure why it was done away with. It was a great value add, in my opinion.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It is making a comeback but now you have to pay for it.

Bill

Yes, its gone for free, but you can get it delivered to the room , order it from bon voyage before your sailing and u get a coupon delivered to your room. You simply order it when your ready for it to be delivered. For a fee , of course!

Not really enamored with the Taste Bar replacement. Also, not really thrilled about paying for Carnival Sushi. To echo the above....it was the best Sushi you could get hundreds of miles out in the ocean, but nothing I would pay an up charge for. Cuts Cuts Cuts Cuts. Still excited to cruise in Aug, will just have to replace my Sushi with a few more beers before dinner. Win/Win.

Carnival replaced something that was free and not very popular with something that is also free and more popular.

On some Carnival ships there are pay sushi restaurants for the limited demand for such things.

Both Royal and NCL have pay sushi restaurants.

Carnival replaced something that was free and not very popular with something that is also free and more popular.

On some Carnival ships there are pay sushi restaurants for the limited demand for such things.

Both Royal and NCL have pay sushi restaurants.

It seems to me that the Sushi bar was quite popular. Every cruise that I went on had people lined up for this freebie, and i've heard quite a few folks (like me), whine because it's gone.

A taste bar of items that you're going to have in restaurants seems redundant to me.

y9aveqe5.jpgu2eqa3um.jpg9ybyva8e.jpg

Bonsai Sushi...on the Breeze, Sunshine, and Legend I think....yum!

Carnival Liberty - 4/14/12 - 4/21/12 (Eastern Caribbean)

Carnival Breeze - 3/16/13 - 3/24/13 (Eastern Caribbean)

Carnival Ecstasy - 3/31/14 - 4/4/14 (Key West & Cozumel)

Carnival Sunshine - 4/17/14 - 4/19/14 (Freeport, BS)

To get the low fares.

They put an inferior sushi in the lido for dinner. Not sure if that's still there. Not enough people are complaining yet, so it continues to disappear. They only seem to be putting things back that people are complaining about. Be vocal.